PURPOSE: The Student Pastor is responsible for overseeing, shepherding and leading the student ministry (6th-12th grade), including a partnership with families that recognizes their key role in discipleship. They will also work with the Student Ministry Staff to provide vision, direction, and opportunities for leading students to reach and equip the next generation.
REPORTS TO: Senior Pastor
- Faith | A fully devoted follower of Christ, both in belief and practice
- Beliefs | Committed to the mission, vision, and doctrinal beliefs of FBCO
- Character | A Godly man of individual character and missional ambition who can enlist and lead others as part of the Student Ministry efforts
- Church | Committed to FBCO through membership, worship services, LIFE Groups, and other relevant efforts.
- Responsibilities | Faithfully shepherd and lead the Student Ministry as commissioned and guided by the Senior Pastor and Church Leadership Team.
- Team | Lead and develop the Student Ministry Staff, share vision, and foster teamwork.
- Education | Seminary graduate (or active seminary student) and relevant experience are preferable.
- Leaders | Identify, enlist, and equip new LIFE Group leaders.
- Develop | Invest in all LIFE Group leaders and implement leadership development tools and training as necessary.
- Groups | Manage, start, and stop LIFE Groups as appropriate for the vitality of the ministry.
- Discipleship | Conduct other necessary discipleship efforts as needed, such as discipleship groups or new believers classes.
YOUTH NIGHTS (SUNDAYS AT 7PM):
- Preaching | Prepare weekly messages for High School students
- Jr. High (JHM) | Oversee, in conjunction with the Student Ministry Resident, the ministry efforts of the Sunday Night JHM worship service.
- Volunteers | Enlist, equip, and oversee adult leaders serving at Youth Night
- Student Leaders | Develop, equip, and oversee the student leadership team (called Swerve - Students Who Serve)
- Communication | Oversee all avenues of student ministry communication, including parent/leader emails, social media and website.
- Finance | Oversee and create a plan for the annual Student Ministry budget.
- Partnerships | Work with the Kids and Young Adult Pastors to achieve a successful transition between ministries.
- Events | Plan and execute major Student Ministry events throughout the year including: The WKND (SuperBowl Weekend), Summer Camp, Youth Wars (Sunday after Labor Day) and Underground Fall Retreat (Columbus Day Weekend).
- 40hrs/wk. Sunday through Thursday. Schedule and days flex with mission needs.
- The compensation package includes base salary, healthcare, 403b contributions, and a Ministry Related Expense account (MRE). In addition, eligibility to apply for a cell phone allowance and tuition assistance exists (for cell phone and tuition, specific criteria must be meet and is subject to review).