This position exists to provide direction and leadership to the creative arts team and volunteers. This is an opportunity to develop, and foster creative experiences and teams that communicate clearly the vision of Renovation Church. Also able to contribute to engaging environments, and push creativity and innovation forward for the church within our community. Ultimately resulting in gospel saturation and increased engagement. If you are passionate about seeing lives changed by the Gospel, love being challenged, and enjoy working with a dynamic team, this could be the right fit for you.
II. Scope of Responsibility
- Provide leadership for Renovation’s Creative Arts Teams.
- Provide leadership and direction for “Art Direction” at Renovation Church.
- Provide leadership and direction for engaging environments, programming, and promotion.
- Provide leadership and direction for video elements. Also oversees outsourcing and payments.
- Provided leadership and direction for graphic elements. Also oversees outsourcing and payments.
- Ensure that creative teams stay on track for achieving tasks that serve our church and ministries.
- Provide leadership and direction for consistency of Renovation Church branding and “common language.”
- Contribute to creative experiences during Sunday environments and events.
- Insure creative teams are recruiting, training, developing and caring for volunteers.
- Support and contribute to the vision of our Lead Pastor through creativity and innovation.
- Oversee website development and management
- Assist with training and overseeing production teams
- Any and all other duties assigned.
- The Creative Director will report to Worship and Creative Arts Pastor
- The normal work week starts on Sunday and ends on Thursday, except when activities require participation on other days in which case the Worship & Creative Arts Pastor will determine what days will be substituted for days off.
- Must have a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Creativity: A Creative Director Resp must be able to originate fresh ideas, have an understanding of design, and create innovative solutions for better reaching and discipling our community/Circle Of Accountability (COA). A gifted relational leader and creative thinker.
- Technical Skills: Must have extensive knowledge in Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Premiere, Etc), able to utilize project management solutions (For example: Basecamp, Trello, Asauna), able to create forms, has an above aver- age understanding of computer technology, understands the foundation of storytelling and crafting a narrative. Most importantly, a good Creative Director must be able to learn new technical skills quickly.
- Analytical Skills: A good Creative Director is able to analyze trends in arts and tech to stay relevant and further the our influence within culture.
- Decision-Making Skills: A church with a God-size vision of reaching every man, woman, and child will have large projects with deadlines, events and mile- stones. Creative Directors will need to make difficult decisions quickly in order to keep a steady timeline.
- Interpersonal Skills: A great Creative Director is able to lead teams well. This means a continual flow of clear communication between creative team and lead team. A great Creative Director is able to identify creative leaders and develop well cared for volunteers. Must be a team player, an optimist, an encourager, and keep the vision and mission of the church forefront.
- Own The Vision: Creative Directors must own the mission and vision of Renovation Church. This means to personally Focus on reaching “The One”, be Personal and Relational by engaging in community, assist in Community Impact by volunteering locally, and Empower People by leading well.
Renovation Church is a vibrant and growing church plant that is passionate about renovating communities by giving every man, woman and child repeated opportunities to hear and respond to the Gospel of Jesus. We’re located just minutes away from the growing city of Wilmington and the beautiful beaches of Topsail Island, right in the heart of Hampstead, NC. Our hope as a church is to be known by what we are FOR: We are FOR our community. We are FOR families. We are FOR individuals being changed by Jesus. We serve teachers, military spouses, investing in marriages, supporting families, feeding the hungry and reaching the next generation. Being on staff at Renovation means collaboration, teamwork and a whatever-it-takes attitude. You won’t do ministry alone, you’ll be well resourced and that you’ll always be challenged to grow. We believe that ministry is more about who you’re with than what you do.