The Pastor of Student Ministries provides leadership, training, support, and oversight for all Student Ministry staff and adult volunteers. Our church recently averaged more than 100 students and adult volunteers during our midweek entry point event but now requires energetic and deliberate leadership. Our community is growing rapidly–every other ministry in our church reflects the growth and excitement that exists in Clayton. We’re praying for someone to capitalize on the healthy relationships we’ve fostered in the school system and leverage new connections to help even more students find and follow Jesus.
The Pastor of Student Ministries is responsible for the implementation and development of programming for the spiritual formation of adolescents and equipping parents to fulfill their calling as the primary spiritual leaders of their children.
Competencies and Expectations:
1. A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, personal, and growing relationship with Him, evidenced by attitude and behavior.
2. Commitment to and full partnership with the mission, vision, values, and strategy of The Church @ Clayton Crossings.
3. Be reliable, take initiative, and be self-motivated.
4. Embrace and adapt to growth, change, and innovation.
5. Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity, and leadership.
6. Maintain cooperative, healthy, and motivating relationships as a key member of the Family Ministry Team and with supervisors, coworkers, and volunteers.
1. A passion for student ministry and to see families grow in their faith together.
2. BA or BS degree or comparable experience in student ministry (seminary degree preferred).
3. Previous leadership experience in growing student ministry in a medium-large size church.
4. Experience in recruiting, motivating, equipping, and scheduling volunteer leaders to minister to students and families.
5. Experience in designing and developing student ministry strategies.
6. Effective communication skills (written, verbal, and interpersonal).
7. Proven track record of outreach to various student groups on middle and high school campuses
8. Competency with basic computer software (MS Office) and the capacity to learn new software (Photoshop, Planning Center, etc.).
1. Provide vision, strategy, and development for all Student Ministry environments.
2. Recruit and provide leadership, training, and encouragement for all Student Ministry staff and volunteers.
3. Develop an internship program to identify and equip ministry leaders.
4. Review, purchase and oversee the implementation of all curricula for large and small group teaching environments.
5. Responsible for check-in procedures and tracking weekly attendance.
6. Meet regularly with the Lead Pastor to discuss ministry strategy and effectiveness.
- Reports to the Lead Pastor
- Partner on the Family Ministry Team
- Leads Student Ministry staff
- Receives support from administrative staff
- Receives consistent leadership training
- Works closely with all areas of ministry within The Church @ Clayton Crossings
The Church @ Clayton Crossings is located in the Raleigh, NC suburb of Clayton. Our music is modern, our style is casual, our theology is conservative, and our mission is clear - we're doing whatever it takes to help people find and follow Jesus.
Parkwood Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Andrews First Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Andrews, North Carolina
Andrews, North Carolina
Elizabeth Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Shelby, North Carolina
Shelby, North Carolina
FBC Swannanoa | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Swannanoa, North Carolina
Swannanoa, North Carolina
Ebenezer Baptist | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Hillsborough, North Carolina
Hillsborough, North Carolina
Rocky Hock Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Edenton, North Carolina
Edenton, North Carolina