Spiritual Growth Pastor
Reports to: Executive Director
Classification: Full Time + Benefits
Salary Range: Varies on Experience
What Prairie Heights is looking for:
An experienced Pastor who can meet people where they are at and lead them to grow in spiritual maturity. We are seeking someone who understands that we want more for people than to just keep up appearances; we desire to help people become fully alive in who God created them to be through the spiritual growth path at Prairie Heights. This person must be able to collaborate and support the vision of the Lead Pastor for Spiritual Growth and be able to take vision and create sustainable structures for growth.
This person must be able to communicate effectively in small group settings and occasionally speak on Sundays. They must be a leader of leaders and enjoy bringing along others into ministry. We are seeking a developer and equipper of people versus someone to do all the tasks. This person must have strong interpersonal skills and be someone who can proactively care for our church family both one-on-one and through volunteer teams.
What will you do?
Spiritual Growth :
· Provide leadership, strategy, and direction for Spiritual Growth (18+) at Prairie Heights that aligns with the Lead Pastor’s vision.
· Recruit, train, and empower volunteer leaders and volunteers for department roles with a strong emphasis in supporting our Groups strategic model and leadership
· Responsible for introduction to Prairie Heights classes (Playbook) as well as Spiritual Growth classes (Launch)
· Lead Spiritual Growth Event execution (Believer Baptism and YES! To Christ moments)
· Provide vision, strategy, and direction for Care Ministry
· Recruit, train and empower volunteer leaders and volunteers for Care Ministry
· Identify appropriate care groups and compassion ministries to meet Prairie Heighter’s care needs
· Partner and create strategy alongside Servilization (outreach) to serve the community
· Participate in pastoral duties including weddings, funerals, hospital visits, and after-hours care.
Ministers in Training and Nazarene District Representative:
· Create and implement sustainable processes for Prairie Heights Ministers in Training (MIT) program
· Work with District to create training schedule for MIT’s in program
· Equip and empower MIT’s in pastoral growth (including, but not limited to spiritual growth, education, licensure, and care practices)
· Lead and coordinate all Nazarene District Events for PH Staff
· Facilitate any MIT Classes on-site
· Committed Follower of Jesus
· Ordained Pastor or in a pastoral track
· 5 years of Pastoral experience including care, teaching, spiritual direction, and mentorship
· 3 years teaching or communicating in front of audiences
· Successful history of building, leading, motivating, and growing effective teams
· Demonstrated experience developing a vision, creating goals, and measuring growth
· Excellent communication skills; interpersonal, written, and verbal
· Self-Directed with ability to manage multiple projects successfully
· Ability to develop short-and-long range strategies to achieve departmental objectives and identify opportunities for future growth.
· Ability to exercise sound, expert independent judgement within general policy guidelines
· Commitment to the process of emotional health and self-care in all areas of their life
· History of leading in a large church or large organization (1,000+)
· Educational background that includes spiritual formation and/or counseling
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Experience working in a multi-site church
· Background in recruiting, training and leading large volunteer teams
We are passionate about having a healthy culture on our team and we believe that starts with supporting our team in pursuing whole health. Our benefits include the essentials like health and dental, but also counseling and development support as well. We are passionate about what we do and personally own the mission, and at the same time, we are at about a 100% going rate for laughter during our meetings. We believe in excellence, not perfection, and in taking risks so that God can show off. Also, we are really competitive, so be prepared for Office Olympics if you join our team.
If all you know about the Fargo community is based off the movie or TV series, you are missing out! Our tri-city community of Fargo, Moorhead and West Fargo is full of great restaurants (check out the restaurants featured on “Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives” here), city parks, a thriving economy, and multiple college campuses. We have a rapidly growing downtown area, full of fun boutiques and restaurants, there is great art, theater, and music venues all within our community.
Prairie Heights church is a large church (pre-covid attendance of 2,500) located in West Fargo, North Dakota. Our mission is to connect those apart from God with Christ and a church family.
For more information on who we are, check out www.prairieheights.com/hiring
Hackberry Creek Church | Presbyterian
Full-time | Irving, Texas
Cross Point Fellowship | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Hurley, New York
Hurley, New York
Bethel Baptist Church | Baptist
Full-time | Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Campbellsville Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Campbellsville, Kentucky
Faith Community Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Dover, Delaware