JOB DESCRIPTION – MINISTER OF WORSHIP – NORTHSIDE BAPTIST CHURCH
Service Title: Minister of Worship
Status/Hours: Full-time Ministerial staff, Salary, 40 hours/week
Purpose: To develop and lead the worship and media ministry for Northside Baptist Church, in consultation with the pastor and other team members, in a way that is consistent with our mission, values, and theology. The primary purpose of the Minister of Worship is to glorify God by enhancing the Church’s sense of celebration in worship and leading the Church to develop the inherent gifts of its individuals.
Serving Relationships: The Minister of Worship is responsible to the Pastor for the development and practice of the Worship and Media Ministries of Northside Baptist Church. Performance is evaluated by the Pastor, based on satisfactory accomplishment of assigned duties, as well as creativity in accomplishing an effective worship and media ministry at Northside.
The Minister of Worship directs the planning, organization, leadership, and evaluation of a comprehensive worship ministry, including adult choir, accompanists, vocal teams, worship band, instrumental ensembles, and other creative ministries. In addition, the Minister of Worship oversees media and information technology needs in the church.
Scope of expectations:
• Work with the Senior Pastor and other staff to plan weekly worship services and to ensure the musical selections and other worship elements in each service create an atmosphere of worship, prepare the way for biblical teaching/preaching, and facilitate a response from worshippers.
• Coordinate weekly staging and determine technical equipment needed for Sunday morning worship services as well as other church services or events.
• Ensure that proper instrumentation is in place for worship services.
• Oversee the care and maintenance of the instruments, sound equipment, IT and media equipment.
• Schedule any special music performances.
• Enlist and work with the audiovisual/media team as well as with the Pastor, in developing and using videos and other visuals as needed in worship; to include preparing visuals with programs such as: PowerPoint, Media Shout, Pro Presenter or similar programs and tools.
• Ensures visuals for congregational songs, sermons, videos are uploaded onto the audio-visual booth computer system and checked for accuracy prior to Sunday morning.
• Prepare for and lead Adult Choir and worship band rehearsals.
• Work with and supervise music ministry volunteer staff such as Youth Band leaders, Children’s choir leaders, and other music ministry assistants.
• Assist as needed in Vacation Bible School music activities/programs.
• Oversee the Music Library and purchase new music as needed within budget limits.
• Oversee the Church webpage, ensuring events and information are up to date and accurate. Create and manage online sign-ups for events. Upload recorded sermons to the website on a weekly basis.
• Provide graphic design across the church as requested, including announcement slides, church outreach materials, internal design needs, bulletin artwork, sermon artwork, website artwork, Facebook artwork and other areas.
• Coordinate technical needs, including sound, TV’s, projectors, computers, networking, and lighting as well as provide IT support for staff and volunteers.
• Prepare an annual budget for the worship and media ministry to be presented to the Stewardship Committee each fall for their final approval and make every effort to accomplish the ministry goals and responsibilities within the limits of the approved budget.
• Attend conferences that will help provide professional growth as a Minister of Worship and will further enhance the Worship and Media Ministries of the Church.
• Participate in outreach ministries of the Church, assisting with contacting prospective families to Northside Baptist Church.
• Assist the Pastor, as needed, in the daily pastoral needs of the Church fellowship, such as making visits to members, guests, and shut-ins at their home or in the hospital.
• As requested by the Pastor, is prepared to share God’s Word during any of Northside’s worship services or during other teaching opportunities.
• Attend and participate in such meetings as regular staff meetings, “Discover Northside”, and other meetings as required by the Pastor.
• Adhere to the Church Constitution and Bylaws and Personnel Policies adopted by the Church.
• Serve with a smile, is cheerful and has a positive, Christ-like attitude.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Pastor.
The Minister of Worship must be a Christian and able to provide a welcoming and friendly atmosphere for all church members and guests. Individual must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Music. The individual should have applicable experience in instrumental and vocal conducting as well as worship planning. A working knowledge of sound systems and technology is also preferred since the Minister of Worship will be responsible for overseeing the media needs of the Church. The Minister of Worship must ensure their theology and teaching is consistent with the Southern Baptist Convention's Baptist Faith and Message, 2000
Northside Baptist Church is a medium size church with approximately 250 regular attenders and two Sunday morning worship services. Our worship services are typically blended style of worship consisting of both hymns and contemporary worship. We have a full worship band and team of vocalists who rotate participating in leading the congregation in worship. In addition to the regular Sunday morning worship/praise band, we also have an adult choir that rehearses each week and sings for the worship service about twice a month and presents seasonal cantatas or musicals.
This position includes responsibilities that will require some working knowledge of sound and media technology skills such as preparing for worship services using programs such as PowerPoint, Media Shout, Pro Presenter, or other like programs. A bachelor’s degree in music and the ability to play the guitar or piano is required.
Salary: $52,000 +benefits
We are currently accepting resumes. To review the Minister of Worship Job Description, please click here. Resumes and other relevant information as well as inquiries, may be sent to the attention of Kevin Roberts, Search Committee, 1800 Pear Orchard Road, Elizabethtown, KY 42701 or emailed to: [email protected]
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
First Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Benton, Kentucky
Maranatha Baptist Church | Baptist
Full-time | Oak Grove, Kentucky
Oak Grove, Kentucky
First Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Part-time | Lexington, Missouri
Chestnut Hill Baptist church | Baptist: SBC
Part-time | Lynchburg, Virginia
Reliance Church | Baptist: SBC
Part-time | St. Petersburg, Florida
St. Petersburg, Florida