Provide vision, leadership, and congregational support for The Chapel with a focus on groups, classes, and care ministries for The Chapel. To help lead a culture of family and promote healthy relationships by helping people take one step closer to God and each other through meaningful connections and support. This includes but is not limited to leadership and oversight in men’s ministry, small/connection groups, and support/care groups. This pastoral role will also oversee the annual class curriculum/schedule and at times teach or lead classes. As a member of the pastoral team, this person will teach or assist during the weekend worship services as needed and provide pastoral care to the congregation.
Essential Job Functions:
· Teach classes or weekend sermons as needed.
· Available to assist in Weekend Worship Services as needed (Welcome/Announcements/Prayer/Communion).
· Perform pastoral duties such as funerals, weddings, baptisms, child dedications, visitations, etc as needed.
· Participate on the pastoral care team and provide pastoral care and support to the congregation.
· Advocate and develop ways to create a culture of family and promote healthy relationships.
· Develop and lead Men’s Ministry.
· Recruit, develop, and support volunteer group leaders to assist in the development and leadership of small/connection groups.
· Support and expand support/care groups including but not limited to Griefshare, Al-Anon, and Cancer Support.
· Work with pastoral team and church leadership to develop annual class schedule, identifying class instructors and curriculum that will assist The Chapel in growing deeper.
· Supervise and work with Groups and Class Coordinator to ensure that all administration, coordination, and details for class and group events are taken care of.
· Collaboratively work with The Chapel team to further develop Care Ministry and congregational support at The Chapel.
· Oversee Groups and Classes annual budget.
· Prepare monthly elder report to update church leadership on new developments and prayer requests.
· Other duties as assigned or as needed in support of the Chapel’s Mission, Vision, Values.
· Formal Bible training required. (Seminary degree preferred).
· Be passionate about seeing people move one step closer to God and each other.
· Live by The Chapel Mission statement and Core Beliefs (thechapel.family/values-beliefs).
· Employ a dynamic and growing relationship with Christ.
· Maintain a Christ-centered lifestyle.
· Demonstrate a godly home life, a love for people, and humility in service to others.
· Be flexible, reliable, and a hard worker.
· Be a People person, who works well with various personalities and styles.
· Be teachable and approachable. Desire to grow continually in knowledge and ability; stay relevant.
· Attendance at Chapel all staff meetings (2nd & 4th Tuesday) required.
· Prior experience in church ministry required (church leadership position preferred)
· Previous experience in sermon preparation and leading weekend worship experiences preferred.
Liberty Heights Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Cincinnati, Ohio
Hope Church | Presbyterian
Full-time | Richmond, Virginia
RiverTree Church | Wesleyan
Full-time | Mitchell, South Dakota
Mitchell, South Dakota
Three Village Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | East Setauket, New York
East Setauket, New York