FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY VISIT:
CHANTILLY BIBLE CHURCH
CHINESE MINISTRY PASTOR
The Chinese Ministry Pastor will oversee the vision and execution of our Chinese discipleship ministry in cohesive partnership with the overall discipleship vision of Chantilly Bible Church.
This position, in conjunction with the pastoral staff, will serve as the lead pastoral oversight of our Chinese ministry programs. The Chinese Ministry Pastor will help fulfill CBC’s mission by welcoming, discipling and integrating members from the Chinese culture into the life and family of Chantilly Bible Church. The position will be staffed by a full-time employee.
- A Christian man of proven spiritual maturity who possesses the character qualities for pastors (I Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; I Peter 5:1-4) and has a fervent love for Jesus Christ and His people.
- Completion of a Bible College or seminary degree in a relevant field is preferred, or demonstration of equivalent ministerial experience and competence.
- Ordained for Pastoral Ministry or desiring to pursue ordination.
- Bi-lingual as being fluent in both English and Mandarin; understanding of Chinese cultural
- and ability to form close relationship with members from the Chinese culture
- Proven experience in vision casting, development and implementation of spiritual formation strategies for Chinese cultural context as well as integration into a unified multi-cultural setting.
- Proven experience in leadership development, volunteer management and empowering teams for the work of the ministry.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate truthfully, articulately and passionately in small group and large group settings.
- Demonstrated ability to be a strong leader with the humility to work within a team to accomplish unified goals.
- Has a gospel-driven worldview and is mission-minded.
• The Chinese Ministry Pastor reports to the Executive Pastor. They will work closely with the other members of the pastoral team in building unified discipleship and ministry goals aligned with our shared mission.
- Support the mission and core values of Chantilly Bible Church through creating, overseeing and caring for our Chinese Ministries.
- Serve as one of the primary shepherds that help craft the spiritual direction and health of CBC in working closely with our elders, deacons, pastors and staff.
- Work as a member of the Teaching Team in helping craft a holistic spiritual formation approach across ministries to fulfill the mission of CBC. Will preach as Teaching Team vision and gifting dictate.
- Create a Chinese Ministry discipleship strategy that supports CBC mission, is gospel- centered, and leads to the equipping, spiritual growth and maturity of the families of CBC. These ministries should aim to meet the cultural needs of those from Chinese backgrounds while moving towards an integrated, multi-cultural expression of discipleship as part of our one CBC congregation.
- Raising up volunteers and teams to do the work of the ministry as a caring shepherd, with clear communication and on-going support and development.
- Be available for All-Staff meetings, Teaching Team meetings and other meetings as needed.
- Participate in other pastoral duties as needed (e.g., weddings, funerals, member visits, membership interviews, etc.).
- Create and oversee ministry-areas through: a gospel-centered ministry philosophy, Biblically-rooted discipleship strategies, and multiplying healthy ministry through strategic leadership development.
- Inline with our shared pastoral vision for discipleship, be responsible for the oversight of existing and new Chinese Ministry areas – including Community Groups, Sunday School, special events, retreats and other programs.
- Teach on a regular basis – including, but not limited to, Sunday School, special events, staff meetings, preaching, leadership development and more.
- Raise up volunteer leaders within each ministry who are loved and cared for, equipped for their ministry roles, and are living out the mission and core values of CBC.
- Oversee the vision and implementation of Chinese Ministry programs and strategies that align with CBC’s mission, vision, ministry philosophy and calendar. These include weekend and mid-week programs as well as special ministry events throughout the year.
- Oversee the implementation, administration and curation of Chinese language ministry resource needs from translation of CBC materials and outside sources.
- Lead with a vision and expectation of creating spiritually healthy, growing and multiplying areas of Chinese discipleship ministries in the advancement of God’s mission at CBC.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY VISIT: