The Children’s Ministry (Woods Kids) Program Director oversees the Sunday morning and Wednesday evening programming at the Wooddale Edina Campus for children ages 6 weeks to 4th grade, as well as assists with periodic special events for the children’s ministry during the year. This is an incredible opportunity for a creative leader to continue the growth of a program aimed at reaching and discipling more children, parents and families with the hope of Jesus Christ.
1. Ability to inspire, recruit, train and shepherd teams of volunteers.
2. Driven by a passion for children to experience God’s love for them.
3. Commitment to growing the program through reaching new families.
4. Capable of leading others in achieving a new vision for the campus.
1. Connect with, and minister to, parents and families of various backgrounds to partner with them in raising faithful children.
2. Team up with Wooddale Children’s Ministry staff to be united in our vision and strategy across campuses.
1. Desires to share the Gospel with children in a variety of age-appropriate ways including media, art, storytelling, worship and small groups.
2. A consistent drive to dream, execute and improve programming.
3. Able to identify problems/conflict and implement solutions.
1. Committed to growing as a disciple who is following Jesus, being changed by Jesus and living on mission with Jesus.
2. Committed to the mission, vision, values and leadership of Wooddale Church.
3. Subscribe to and affirm the Statement of Faith and Covenant of Wooddale Church.
4. Become or remain a regular participant in weekend services and a member in good standing at Wooddale Church.
• Oversee all aspects of the Edina Campus Woods Kids program, i.e. volunteers, children, check-in, environments, programming, parent communication and guest follow-up.
• Recruit, train, and retain a volunteer team for the Woods Kids programming in Nursery, Preschool, and Elementary environments throughout the school year.
• Consistently invest in and disciple Woods Kids volunteers throughout the year through team-building, prayer and relational encouragement.
• Develop Woods Kids leaders, including team captains, teachers/storytellers, tech and small group leaders.
• Implement Woods Kids programming, adapting where necessary to meet the needs of the Edina Campus while staying true to the vision and strategies of the program.
• Provide consistent and clear communication to all Woods Kids families and volunteers.
• Ensure all room environments are prepared with needed elements: lessons, teaching, media/music, games, purchase supplies and equipment as necessary.
• Ensure proper enforcement of policy and procedures.
• Assist the Campus Pastor and collaborate with other campus team members and volunteers in planning and leading of special family-focused events held periodically throughout the year, including family outreach events, Sunday micro-events and VBS.
• Subscribe to and affirm the Statement of Faith and Covenant of Wooddale Church.
• Maintain Wooddale’s Staff Values: Move it forward, Together is better, Thrive in life, Choose to trust, Put on love, Keep it fun.
• Reports to the Edina Campus Pastor
• Works closely with the Edina Campus Staff and Wooddale Children’s Ministry Staff.
• Collaborates and cooperates with other church staff and/or departments as needed.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK & TRAVEL
• Attend Children’s Ministry Staff Meetings (twice a month)
• Attend full-staff meetings (weekly)
• Meet regularly with supervisor
• Attend staff training events; seek out opportunities for continuing education
• Presence required on campus – minimum 30 hours/week, including Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings (some work can be done at home or remotely)
• Typical schedule includes weekday hours as well as some weekend responsibilities
• Evening, weekend, and extended hours as holiday and other events require
• Requires the ability to occasionally commute to other campuses and meetings, as needed
• Extensive sitting for extended periods of time
• Repetitive keyboard and mouse movement required
• Frequent bending, standing and walking during children’s programming
• Requires the ability to lift up to 30 pounds
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We use E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested Applicants, please apply here: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=38d65de7-85eb-475d-bb5c-7d593bfeacc7&ccId=19000101_000001
Wooddale Church is 1 church in 4 locations. We seek to honor God by making more disciples for Jesus Christ. To learn more, visit: https://wooddale.org/about/
Riverway Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Minneapolis, Minnesota
Autumn Ridge Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Rochester, Minnesota
Westwood Community Church | Baptist
Full-time | Excelsior, Minnesota
City Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Murfreesboro, Tennessee
North Pointe Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Lutz, Florida