The Community Life Pastor is responsible for the development, implementation, and management of the small group and discipleship ministry at Grace in alignment with the overall vision, mission, and core values of the church.
- Build upon and manage the overarching community life ministry strategy to include small groups, along with men’s and women’s events.
- Oversee all small group curriculum – including approval of material for each group and suggestions for leaders.
- A focus on identifying, motivating, and developing volunteer leaders in the ministry to ensure success and health of groups and events
- Consistently gather with volunteers in order to facilitate community, discipleship, and unity in vision and mission.
- Provide pastoral leadership for small groups leaders, and leaders involved in men’s and women’s events
- Develop and manage in each area a volunteer leadership structure that equips lay leaders to fully lead and disciple others.
- Plan and coordinate the groups calendar with a focus on offering group opportunities that appeal to a variety of demographics.
- Work closely and coordinate with all ministry leaders for various community life ministry needs to promote unity
- Coordinate with the Reach Pastor to facilitate local serving opportunities for groups and group members
- Identify spiritual growth and discipleship opportunities for the Grace Church family.
- Help facilitate not only the “open” and general impact groups, but also the “closed” discipleship-focused groups
- Develop and execute annual goals that align with the vision, mission, and core values of Grace Community Church
- Plan and manage appropriate budget needs for all community life ministry areas
- Assist on site groups with room and equipment setup and teardown
- Ability to lead and develop the Community Life Assistant
- Develop department strategies and procedures as needed
- Attend Pastoral Team meetings on a regular basis
- Be part of our 24/7 pastoral on call rotating schedule
- Assist in preaching at the request of Lead Pastor
- Foster a deepening relationship with the Lord
- Must be a servant-leader willing to serve up or down the organization
- Maintain proper balance between ministry and family
- Demonstrate a heart for people and connecting them to Jesus
- Ability to quickly and effectively handle conflict in a God-honoring way
- Develop personal evangelism opportunities within and outside of the church
- Cheerfully give at least the tithe (10%) to the vision and mission of Grace Community Church
- Be engaged in continuing education/coaching/mentoring and being mentored/conferences and always willing to grow
- Participate in staff and other meetings as necessary
- On occasion may be asked to participate in other ministry related activities
- Do whatever it takes to further the vision, mission, and strategy of Grace
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Good computer skills
- Great relational skills
- Must be highly organized
- Must have minimum of 3 years of pastoral ministry experience
- Have the desire and willingness to quickly learn new skills
- Have a strong desire to connect in community with others and help others connect in community
- Must quickly be able and willing to uphold and cast vision, mission and strategy of the Grace Community Church
- Must currently tithe or be willing to begin tithing
- Must be flexible and willing to step out of comfort zone when appropriate
- Must love God, His Word and His church
- Must be at least 25 years of age
- 40 hours per week
- $45k - $50k
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Retirement Matching
- Health Insurance
You can apply online using this link...https://form.jotform.com/203505599940159