Clear Creek Baptist Church is seeking an experienced individual with a calling to our church who will lead and organize our children, youth, and family ministries with a clear vision of discipleship and Christian growth. The role of Children and Families Minister is to bring vision, energy, and training to the family ministries of Clear Creek Baptist church as they seek to share the Gospel with next generations. The Children and Families Minister will oversee the children’s department, direct and work with the student ministry, and provide training to parents as they seek to disciple their children and students. This position can be a full time or part time position depending on the candidate’s position.
We are a small church at this time but located in a growing college town that offers an abundance of opportunities for our Children and Families Minister to help our church grow and transform our community into disciples of Jesus. Our community is comprised of 2 public school systems and the University of Mississippi. There are approximately 26,000 people living in Oxford and 56,000 in Lafayette County as well as over 18,000 students attending Ole Miss. Our town offers a high quality of life with great schools and an exceptional family environment. We encourage you get to know us and our community by visiting https://visitoxfordms.com and https://oxfordms.com.
- Develop goals and an outreach plan for children, youth, and families who are non-believers or unchurched.
- Oversee the discipleship of children, youth, and families while discipling parents to lead, teach, and encourage their children in their spiritual growth.
- Execute a student visitation program, student ministry camps, retreats, mission trips, youth fund raisers, work projects, parent/student activities, VBS and special studies to meet the goals of spiritual growth, evangelism, disciple making, building up the student community and fulfilling our Great Commission calling.
- Cultivate mentoring relationships with children, youth, parents, and families throughout the week.
- Find creative ways to impact public schools by developing relationships with schools in the community and creating outreach opportunities.
- Recruit, train, support, evaluate, and affirm others to teach students/families, serve on the Youth Committee, and other leadership roles related to family ministry, in cooperation with the Nominating Committee and Pastor.
- Integrate student ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries.
- Arrange for a monthly report to be given at the Church Business meeting and regularly communicate with all stakeholders using various platforms (email, social media, newsletters, etc.).
- Display a Christ-like approach and lifestyle while praying regularly for young people in the church and community.
- Help serve the church in fulfilling its vision by attending, promoting, and supporting member meetings, staff meetings, church-wide events, and other important church functions and responsibilities.
- Be able to preach based on need.
- Passion and ability to share the gospel.
- Heart for young people and families.
- Previous student ministry experience is valued.
- Experience in working with multiple generations and training lay leaders is a plus.
- Be a student of child and adolescent faith development and ministry through independent study, continuing education, seminars, conferences, etc. (Church will absorb approved conference and seminar costs).
Compensation & Benefits
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package that is based on education and experience.
- Travel allowance for conferences and outreach.
How to apply
- Please send the following information to [email protected]
- Cover letter that shares your testimony and calling by God to children and family ministry;
- Resume; and
- Contact information for 3 references.