Young Adult Pastor
PURPOSE: The Young Adult Pastor is responsible for overseeing, shepherding and leading the young adult ministry (18-lower 30’s). They will also work with the young adult staff and volunteers to provide vision, direction, and opportunities for leading young adults to reach and equip their generation.
REPORTS TO: Senior Pastor
- Faith | A fully devoted follower of Christ, both in belief and practice
- Beliefs | Committed to the mission, vision, and doctrinal beliefs of FBCO
- Character | A Godly man of individual character and missional ambition who can enlist and lead others as part of the Young Adult Ministry efforts
- Church | Committed to FBCO through membership, worship services, LIFE Groups, and other relevant efforts.
- Responsibilities | Faithfully shepherd and lead the Young Adult Ministry as commissioned and guided by the Senior Pastor and Church Leadership Team.
- Team | Lead and develop the Young Adult Ministry staff and volunteers, share vision, and foster teamwork.
- Education | Seminary graduate (or active seminary student) and relevant experience are preferable, but not required.
- Leaders | Identify, enlist, and equip new LIFE Group leaders.
- Develop | Invest in all LIFE Group leaders and implement leadership development tools and training as necessary.
- Groups | Manage, start, and stop LIFE Groups as appropriate for the vitality of the ministry.
- Discipleship | Conduct other necessary discipleship efforts as needed, such as discipleship groups or new believers classes.
YA NIGHTS (THURSDAYS 5:30 - 10PM):
- Preaching | Prepare weekly messages for Young Adults.
- Volunteers | Enlist, equip, and oversee adult leaders serving at YA Night, through regular meetings.
- Young Adult Leaders | Develop, equip, and oversee the young adult leadership team.
- Communication | Oversee all avenues of young adult ministry communication, including social media and website.
- Finance | Oversee and create a plan for the annual Young Adult Ministry budget.
- Partnerships | Work with the Student and 30s/40s Pastors to achieve a successful transition between ministries. Meet regularly with the Minister of Education to collaborate on LIFE Group management.
- Events | Plan and execute major Young Adult Ministry events throughout the year.
- 40hrs/wk. Sunday through Thursday. Schedule and days flex with mission needs.
- The compensation package includes base salary, healthcare, 403b contributions, and a Ministry Related Expense account (MRE). In addition, eligibility to apply for a cell phone allowance and tuition assistance exists (for cell phone and tuition, specific criteria must be meet and is subject to review).