Our vibrant church is seeking an individual who will be responsible for reaching out to caring for and teaching spiritual formation to youth/students, Grades 6-12 in our church and in the wider community. We expect the candidate to be a born-again believer, believe in the infilling of the Holy Spirit and have a growing, personal relationship with Christ, and have a call to reach the hearts of pre-teens and teens. This individual should possess good communication skills, an ability to think outside of the box, be able to work as both a team player and leader, and have efficient organizational skills. The position is full-time, including Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings.
Please call 912-559-2139 for questions.
To serve primarily as Pastor to the youth (Grades 6-12) of New Life Church; to plan and participate in Youth Ministries that reflect the core values and vision of New Life Church; to minister to youth and families of New Life Church and the Wayne County community.
· Strive to maintain an active and growing relationship with the Lord.
· Be a competent teacher of the Bible and foundations of the Christian faith, and be willing to seek further education and skills as necessary and/or appropriate.
· Help our youth grow in their faith in God.
· Have the ability to connect with youth relationally and foster healthy interpersonal relationships among the youth and their parents.
· Possess the ability to teach/model how Scripture informs our lives and how we live.
· Work collaboratively with the Pastor, Pastor’s Board, other ministry leaders, parents, volunteers, and with other leaders in the community.
· Exhibit effective organizational planning and timely follow-through.
· Exhibit strong communication skills and the ability to work well with church staff and volunteers.
· Experience preferred.
· Maintain a healthy balance of personal spiritual formation, self-care, and ministry.
· Create and maintain a worshipful and safe environment for Christian discipleship and spiritual growth/education of the youth of New Life.
· Provide leadership for, and participate in, youth group.
· Facilitate/nurture leadership for Youth Adult Leadership team??
· Collaborate with Pastor, ministry leaders, and volunteers in preparing for Vacation Bible School; recruit and lead VBS youth volunteers.
· Develop a long-term discipleship plan and points of intersection that allow our youth to enter into worship and fellowship.
· Participate in service, outreach, and evangelism in the broader community of Wayne County and beyond, as time allows.
· Provide opportunities for youth spiritual growth outside the church such as The Ramp Conference, Forward Conference, etc., and activities for youth. (Non-negotiable)
· Engage parents in the spiritual formation of youth.
· Provide a yearly calendar of projected youth activities and events.
This full-time position may require periodically working in the evening and occasional weekends. It will require working for the entirety of Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings. The schedule is flexible and will be organized around ministry needs.
Hours and Compensation
· Hours will be set up with Senior Pastor.
This position reports to the Senior Pastor. The Youth Pastor will meet regularly with the Senior Pastor and youth sponsors. Yearly review with Senior Pastor and Event Planning Committee.
Special Note: The candidate will be required to complete and pass a Background Check and interview process.
New Life Church is a community of spirit-filled believers, dedicated to the call of the gospel of Jesus Christ to reach a world in need through anointed worship, prayer, discipleship, and teaching of the inspired Word of God with perfect love and humility for every person and nation.
Christ Chapel Dublin | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Dublin, Georgia
A New Beginning Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Ludowici, Georgia
Bethel Congregational Methodist Church | Wesleyan
Full-time | Butler, Georgia
Salem Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | McDonough, Georgia
Sardis Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Hartwell, Georgia