Associate Pastor/Minister of Worship Job Description:
• In conjunction with the Senior Pastor and staff, plan and coordinate the flow of all worship and
special services of FBCC, including transitions, introductions, cues, A/V/L, media, and special
elements (e.g., communion, baptisms, baby dedications, etc.).
• Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals as necessary, which should include some form of
spiritual formation at every rehearsal.
• Plan and oversee all creative elements within corporate worship services and church-wide
• Coordinate development and distribution of any products originating from the pulpit or worship
ministries (such as CDs, written arrangements, sermon series, podcasts, etc.).
• Work alongside the Senior Pastor to be a voice for vision for the church.
• Assist the other pastors in providing care to the congregation.
• Complete all other duties as assigned.
• Supervise, develop, and train volunteers, and assist those individuals to reach their maximum
potential through effective leadership, encouragement, and appreciation.
• Have relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading worship.
• Attend regular staff meetings.
• Oversee and ensure maintenance and care of all equipment utilized.
• Evaluate and suggest equipment needs.
• Respond to phone calls, e-mails, and text messages in a timely manner.
• Convey a professional and positive attitude to congregants, members of the community,
• Submit expenses in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with church policies.
• Propose a detailed annual budget for each ministry area in accordance with church budgeting
procedures and guidelines.
• Must possess a heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the Worship
What you bring:
Education & Experience
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree preferred with a background in Christian ministries, Biblical
study, worship arts, or a related field. Seminary level education is appreciated.
• Minimum of two years of experience in a leadership capacity in the worship arts and/or music
• Additional experience (a “plus”)
• Experience in another area of leadership in the life of the church
• This is a dual role position with the second area being tailored to the individual
• Is a Christian believer that upholds high standards of biblical teaching and morality
• Possesses an attitude of being faithful, available, and teachable
• Demonstrates proficiency in the use of technologies utilized in worship, including sound,
lighting, computers, presentation and planning software, and video projection
• Has experience in leading vocalists, musicians, and worship that incorporates modern,
contemporary, and traditional genres
• Has experience as a leader and recruiter of volunteers, and the ability to develop and nurture
talent in others
• Demonstrates musical proficiency, with the ability to provide instruction, leadership, and
expertise to others
• Has the ability to work with various worship music types/styles with excitement and
• Has a track record of success as a team builder
• Has at least a basic proficiency in playing piano
• Possesses strong musical ability and vocal skills
• Has the ability to read music, work with chord charts and sheet music
Please email resume in PDF format to [email protected]
Please check our website for more information about FBCC as well as the surrounding area we serve.
FBC Centerville is seeking God’s best as we search for a Worship Pastor to lead our congregation. This will be a dual role position, in that there will be another area of service and leadership in addition to the Worship ministry. It is our desire to build this position to fit the minister’s calling and abilities. Secondary roles sometimes include areas such as Administration, Senior Adults, Education and Discipleship, Missions or Outreach, or New Member Assimilation. Although the primary area of focus will be Worship
Ministry, the secondary ministry will be just as important to the life of the church.
Our congregation is multi-generational and our intention is to reach anyone and everyone who lives in the surrounding area of the church campus. Our church family is friendly and caring. We average between 225-250 on Sunday mornings, with various ministries throughout the week.
We currently enjoy a blended style of worship using both modern hymns and praise choruses as well as the great historic hymns of our faith. Our instrumentation currently includes piano, acoustic guitar, and electric guitar, as well as percussion when players are available. FBCC is also blessed with many who have vocal talents. We use both praise team and choir and hope to see each of these ministries grow into the future. We have those who sing solos as well as those who sing in groups.
Our worship times can best be described as celebration. We desire to use music and other elements which are uplifting to our spirits. Toe tapping and hand clapping are just as welcome as times of contemplation and prayerful expectation in our worship services. We love to laugh and greet one another and consider fellowship as a part of worship right alongside praying, singing, preaching,
listening and giving.
We are looking forward to a worship pastor who will embrace modern music as well as historic hymns as he and our pastor prayerfully plan for each worship service, which currently includes Sunday morning as well as Wednesday evenings.
We desire for our worship pastor to be a “people person,” having excellent skills in building relationships in ministry as well as musicianship. He will not only direct and lead what currently exists, but will seek to grow the worship ministries of FBCC.
Education and experience are important to us. Our worship pastor will have both musical training and experience in his background. Seminary level training is preferred, but not required. We seek someone with a knowledge of reading and directing music, as well as understanding instrumentation with a desire to teach others the same. Our worship ministry relies heavily upon the use of computers, A/V equipment and various software such as Ableton Live 10, ProPresenter, Wirecast and Adobe products. We use live instrumentation along with stems during our worship services. Therefore, technical experience and knowledge in these areas will be essential. We are blessed with capable people who work in the A/V booth during our worship services. Our worship pastor will work closely with them as he leads our worship team as well.
Of course, there is more to music ministry than making music. We are looking forward to relationships being fostered as our new worship pastor truly fulfills a role of pastoring alongside our senior pastor. As this will be an associate pastor role, our worship pastor will also be involved in our visitation process which will include hospitals, homebound, nursing homes, and prospective members, as needed.
FBCC is a doctrinally conservative SBC church. Our worship pastor will have a strong love for our God as well as a deep love and respect for His Word. We use the Baptist Faith and Message (2000) as our doctrinal statement. Our worship pastor and his family will be people of integrity who love God’s church and desire to be intimately involved in what God is doing in the life of FBCC.
If God is leading you to this sort of ministry, we encourage you to pray about submitting your resume to our search team. As we pray for God to provide for our ministry, we also pray He will provide for yours.
We look forward to finding the right candidate where God answers both our prayers at the same time.
By His Grace,
The Search Team
Please email resume in PDF format to [email protected]
Lizella Baptist | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Lizella, Georgia
Lawrence Drive Baptist Church | Baptist
Part-time | Macon, Georgia
LifePoint Church of Elizabethtown | Baptist: SBC
Part-time | Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Bellview Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Woodruff, South Carolina
Woodruff, South Carolina
First Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Dillon, South Carolina
Dillon, South Carolina