Sun Valley Church, a non-denominational Christian Church in Yakima, Washington, exists to glorify God by creating an authentic Christian community that is Gospel-centered, grace-driven, and mission-minded. According to the Scriptures, God has given ministers of the Gospel for the purpose of equipping the saints for the work of ministry, that the Gospel may be faithfully proclaimed, and the mission of the Church advanced (Ephesians 4:11ff). The Director/Pastor of Worship & Youth serves the purpose and mission of the Church, as detailed in the following ways:
- Prepare weekly worship and special holiday service liturgies that reflect the Gospel and the Bible text for preaching, working closely with the Senior Pastor.
- Maintain a varied repertoire of hymnody and worship music.
- Oversee the maintenance of instruments and equipment.
- Oversee the recruitment and development of Christian men and women to minister in worship by maintaining regular discipleship contact with worship team members and providing musical training and direction as needed.
- Oversee all audio/visual aspects of corporate worship.
- Maintain a current schedule of volunteers for technical ministry on the sound board and computer.
- Recruit and train volunteers for their areas of ministry.
- Oversee the cleanliness and readiness of the stage for worship.
- Oversee the vision and strategy for ministry to middle and high school students.
- Train and equip students in a biblical understanding of their relationship to God and other believers as they work out their faith and utilize their gifts within the Church.
- Maintain a regular schedule of expository teachers for the student Sunday Seminar Class.
- Plan and implement weekly and monthly student gatherings to promote and advance the mission of the church and to build relationships with the students.
- Regularly meet to train and encourage ministry leaders, evaluate the ministry, delegate ministry responsibilities to students (contacting, lesson planning and teaching, activity/game leading, etc.), and help develop ideas and directions for future ministry.
- Organize and lead ministry trips, both recreational teaching trips to facilitate student growth and relationships, as well as Missions outreach in coordination with the larger SVC body.
- Regularly connect with parents to know their needs and how we can better assist them in raising up godly children.
- Acknowledge and train parents as the primary disciple-makers in their children's lives, and work to promote a culture of family discipleship through student ministries.
- Website and social media management including:
- Maintain the SVC website and social medial platforms in a way that is current and consistent with the missions and ministry direction of SVC.
- Post sermons to the SVC website weekly.
- Design or oversee the design of event graphics for social media.
- Promote special events.
- Maintain regular communication with and report to the Senior Pastor.
- Other duties assigned by Senior Pastor.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERINCE:
- Completion of or actively pursuing completion of a bachelor's degree
- Musical training
- Proficiency in playing piano or guitar
- Vocal ability
Before applying, please review our Statement of Faith at: www.sunvalleychurch.org/what-we-believe
To request an application, e-mail: [email protected]