Carver Road Baptist church is seeking a full time or part time Associate pastor of students and families to join our growing team. We are flexible to a by-vocational role with someone in school or working an additional job. The Associate Pastor will be responsible for equipping God’s people to do his work within the church and surrounding community, while providing leadership of all church activities as it regards to family ministry with emphasis on youth (Grades 6 – 12). The position will provide leadership for discipleship and outreach programs for children, youth and adults alike. This role works with volunteers and paid staff to oversee all student ministries from birth through high school.
Beliefs & Values:
- We are an SBC church, so the candidate must affirm the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
- Upholds biblical truth above all else in practice and preaching/teaching and does not side with Calvinistic, or Arministic theological preferences.
- This ministerial position we are seeking is not gender neutral. We are seeking a male counterpart to assist the pastor in teaching/ preaching to all demographics (1 Tim. 2:11-12).
This position is supervised by and reports to the Pastor and is responsible to the church for:
- The development of a comprehensive ministry to youth, children, preschoolers, and their families.
- As Associate Student Pastor you are called by the church to develop and promote a comprehensive student program for middle and high school students
- Oversee & lead all opportunities for education and discipleship of students, children, preschoolers, and their families.
- Member care, follow up, & administration of behind-the-scenes service logistics, such as tech support, orders of service, and assisting in maintaining social media presence.
There is flexibility with position but is considered full time and should work to fulfil this. There are no set work hours for this position with the exception of Wednesday evenings and Sunday mornings/evenings.
1 week is allotted sick time as needed as well as 1 week for continued learning. This does not include Annual meetings, conferences, or seminars. There are also 9 federal holidays we recognize and allot paid time off for.
2. Vacation. Paid Time Off (PTO) is awarded by years of ministry invested.
3. Financial Consideration: The salary package is set by our finance team in accordance to budget and funds availability. Beginning Salary is 30K. Ministry experience, skill level, and capabilities will be considered.
We are an established church with a fresh look in an ever changing community. Our church is located about 40 miles south of Atlanta, GA in the town of Griffin GA. It is small enough to have a hometown feel but big enough to not know everyone. Our church is located across from Griffin High school and has some great relationships with schools around. We are looking for someone to help us develop a youth ministry that does not presently exist. We run an average of 100 any given Sunday with Administrative help, but no other ministerial staff, except the lead pastor as of now. Therefore we are looking to give him some relief in seeking to grow God's church!
Macedonia Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Jackson, Georgia
Jefferson First Baptist | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Jefferson, Georgia
Tates Creek Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Toccoa, Georgia
First Baptist Church of Jesup | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Jesup, Georgia
Sardis Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Hartwell, Georgia