This will be responsible for the development and execution of a comprehensive program for the discipleship of families at our church, including partnering with and equipping parents, developing and overseeing ministry and outreach for kids ages birth through 5th grade. This position will be the primary driver of parent partnership and is expected to create holistic vision for the discipleship of children and their families. This position will develop and implement teaching, recruiting, training and deployment of volunteer leaders, and provide support systems that will enable the families of South Tampa Fellowship to fulfill its vision of helping people find and follow Jesus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
STF Kids Ministry Leadership
- Create and cast a vision for STF’s ministry to kids and families that ties into the overall mission of the church.
- Formulate a strategy for the Kids Ministry at STF to accomplish its goals and mission that align with the overall church’s goals and mission.
- Train, develop, and equip each coordinator to achieve success in their area of supervision. This includes weekly meetings, quarterly goal/evaluations, and yearly conferences.
- Responsible for overseeing, planning, organizing, and delegating responsibilities for all aspects of Kids Ministry. This includes managing, supporting, and working with children’s ministry coordinators to ensure that all tasks are performed.
- Oversee the choosing of Sunday morning curriculum.
- Responsible for overseeing, planning, delegating staff, and or leading/ teaching the weekly large group service for Birth-5th grade at all campuses. This includes room decoration, selecting worship songs, reviewing and editing weekly lesson, game selection, writing/editing videos, interactive and engaging Bible teaching, video selection, and ensuring the technical aspects of the service are covered (lights, audio, video, etc.).
- Responsible for teaching, delegating teaching, and overseeing the teaching for children’s environments including large group, small group, VBS, Awana, and any special events.
- Work alongside Senior Pastor to empower and assist parents in the responsibility of training, nurturing the faith and the disciplining of their children.
- Mobilize a team of gifted lay leaders to equip parents for instructing their children in the faith and preparing them for adulthood.
- Oversee the preparation of parents for the dedication of their children.
- Employ strategies that inspire parents for intentional biblical teaching and worship in the home.
- Strengthen the partnership between the church and parents to nurture the faith of children and youth.
- Counseling and training for parents.
- Provide regular opportunities to equip parents with biblical guidance for age-specific issues (ie. Social media, sexuality, mental health, etc.)
- Oversee the connection of birth-5th graders from church visitation with parents to participation in STF Kids Ministry
- Orchestrate creative ways to promote STF Kids Ministry at church-wide events.
- Implement proper attendance tracking across all groups to ensure we “Know our Flock” and can follow up with correct next steps in their journey with Jesus. Ensure STF Kids groups and group leaders feel honored and welcomed.
STF Kids Leaders + Parents
- Assist and supervise Kids Ministry coordinators to recruit, train and shepherd volunteer leaders and paid childcare workers.
- Partner with parents in the discipleship of their children in the Lord through regular clear communication, and providing biblical resources, training, and counseling.
- Plan, organize, recruit, and promote ongoing events and activities in the Kids Ministry which includes monthly events, special theme Sundays, and twice a year community outreach events (Easter and Fall).
- Responsible for developing or choosing curriculum and teaching child dedication courses to parents with the aim to prepare and equip them to raise their child with the support of the church and in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.
- Responsible for meeting with parents regarding child baptism to ensure understanding of genuine salvation and to prepare and equip parents to disciple their child in a growing relationship with the Lord.
- Maintain the Family Care Center and Parent Resource Corner at all campuses.
- Assist in the oversight and development of the children’s ministry budget.
- Lead Kids Ministry leaders at all campuses and ensure alignment in content, philosophy, and culture.
- Maintain all STF safety standards and procedures.
- Partner with the Youth Ministry and its leaders to align the age group ministry to better serve the families within the church and community.
- Partner with the Missions Ministry to seek opportunities for children and families to be on mission. In addition to opportunities to serve the community through the children’s ministry.
- Seek to integrate children, parents, and leaders into the life of the church and facilitate genuine relationships throughout the ministry.