John Knox Presbyterian Church
Normandy Park, Washington
Position Title: Associate Director of Children’s and Community Ministry
Time Requirement: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Compensation: $24-$28/hour DOE
The Associate Director of Children and Community Ministry reports to the Head of Staff and is accountable to the Session of the John Knox Presbyterian Church (JKPC).
The Associate Director of Children and Community Ministry provides primary leadership to the ministry to children ages birth-5th grade and assists in administrative leadership to the JKPC Community Preschool.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Oversee, develop, and lead a comprehensive ministry and curriculum plan for children ages birth-5th grade.
● Lead and coordinate volunteers in planning and implementing seasonal special events hosted by JKPC and open to the community.
● Collaborate with Preschool Director to implement engaging communication with children and parents.
● Actively participate in and collaborate in visioning for ministries for children and families at JKPC, the Preschool, and in the larger community.
● Actively collaborate with the Preschool Director and ministry team to design, implement, and review an ongoing plan for strategic relational engagement of preschool families.
● Collaborate with the Preschool Director to design, plan, and lead chapel sessions for preschool students.
● Recruit, screen, train, and supervise paid childcare staff.
● Assist the Preschool Director in hiring Preschool staff.
● Recruit, screen, train, support, encourage, and celebrate volunteers participating in all facets of the ministry.
● Coordinate with other JKPC ministry leaders and teams to promote and encourage continuity in reaching families with children.
● Regularly participate in corporate worship at JKPC, actively contributing as a worship leader, and cultivating leadership opportunities for children.
● Attend and actively participate in ministry team meetings, church and preschool staff meetings, supervisory meetings, and training sessions.
● Maintain behavior that is consistent with the conduct and behavior expectations outlined in the JKPC Employee Handbook.
● Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
● Education: College degree or equivalent experience in children and family ministry, preschool ministry, or a related field.
● Work Experience: Prior experience working with children and families, especially in a ministry and/or educational setting.
● Strong communicator (verbal and written) who consistently demonstrates a keen ability to work collaboratively, and effectively cultivates healthy relationships while maintaining appropriate boundaries.
● Technical competency (e.g. in computer applications, Microsoft Office).
● Candidates will be required to successfully complete background screening before they can be hired.
Essential Character and Values
● A disciple of Jesus Christ in whom the fruit of the Spirit is evident, and commitment to a personal faith marked by growth and vitality.
● A Christian who approaches leadership from a place of vision, creativity, and intentionality.
Whitworth Church | Presbyterian: PCUSA
Full-time | Spokane, Washington
Harvest Community Church | Non-Denominational
Part-time | Camas, Washington
Jami Stansberry | Non-Denominational
Part-time | Sedro Woolley, Washington
Sedro Woolley, Washington
Full-time | Redmond, Washington
Timberlake Church | Free Methodist
Full-time | Castle Rock, Washington
Castle Rock, Washington