Student Ministry Worship Leader & Gatherings Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Student Ministry Pastor
POSITION TYPE: Full Time, 40+ hours/week
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: To create exciting student environments (gatherings) that middle and high school students love to attend. This position leads the BASM Gathering Team in executing student gatherings and worship experiences.
· Must have a strong desire to minister to middle, high, and college students.
· Spiritually mature: models the lifestyle of a passionate, maturing follower of Jesus
· Demonstrates faith in Jesus Christ and meets all requirements to be a Ministry Partner
· Enthusiastically embraces God’s vision for Bay Area Student Ministry
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Ability to lead worship (play instrument and sing) and lead a team of musicians in weekend gatherings
· Willingness to work flexible hours. Must be able to work evenings/weekends as needed
· Reliable, hard worker who multitasks well
· Self-starter who shows initiative and innovation skills
· Team player who works well with various personalities and has consistent positive influence within the BASM Team
· Teachable and approachable
· Attends BACC or is willing to begin attending
· Assist with other aspects of the ministry at BACC as needed
Gathering Coordinator Role (45%)
· Plan student gatherings, in conjunction with Gathering Planning Team, by ensuring that elements such as videos, stage games, visuals, music playlists, stage props, hosts, etc., are designed and executed with a high level of excellence.
· Maintain Planning Center for all student gatherings and events
· Interface with team members that contribute to all gatherings and events
· Lead Sunday gathering pre-production meetings and mid-morning evaluation meetings to ensure excellence in the preparation and evaluation of gatherings
· Coordinate with the Production Coordinator/Tech Team to execute gathering A/V/L
· Serve as and/or provide quality hosts for gatherings and events
· Continually work to ensure that all gathering environments are fresh, relevant, and engaging for students. Keep us ahead of the curve.
· Aid Student Pastor/Director in teaching series and content such as series ideas and teaching materials for maintaining relevance with middle and high school students
· Partner with Student Ministry Creative/Social Producer for weekend experience materials such as graphics, videos, and visuals
Worship Leader Role (45%)
· Serve as primary worship leader during student gatherings at Annapolis campus
· Provide spiritual leadership to all students, but especially to those on the Worship and Production Teams
· Rehearse with bands, vocalists, and production teams for worship gatherings
· Oversee and facilitate online scheduling of worship teams (bands, worship leaders)
· Prepare music and other worship elements with excellence
· Partner with Annapolis Campus Worship Pastor/Director development to create a growing
· worship culture within student ministry that reflects the overall worship culture of BACC
· Recruit, care for, and develop new musicians, vocalists, and artists who will help further the vision and culture of the worship ministry
· Maintain inventory of all BASM instruments and related equipment
· Aid in the preparation of ProPresenter slides and visual backgrounds for song sets
· Partner with Student Ministry Production Coordinator to create engaging learning and developmental environments for BASM Worship (worship and production) students
· Create opportunities for BASM Worship (worship and production) students to be in community with each other and members of the Bay Area Worship teams
· Partner with Annapolis Campus Worship Pastor/Director and accompanying Worship Leaders in Bay Area Music endeavors and worship development at BACC
Other Duties (10%)
· General ministry duties that are necessary to help accomplish the ministry vision/goals. These may include but are not limited to, things like setting up spaces, cleaning up spaces, running errands, contacting students/parents/leaders, meetings, etc.
· Partner with other student ministry staff to aid in internal/external event planning
· Bay Area staff meetings, events, and ‘all-staff’ commitments
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS DESIRED:
· Bachelor’s degree is recommended but not required.
· 2-3 years of experience leading in a student ministry context and preferably in a Worship Leader role
· Solid working knowledge of technical systems (A/V/L), IT, and equipment is a must.
· Working knowledge of DAWs, live and studio equipment
· Working knowledge of Playback, Logic Pro, Ableton, Mainstage, Planning Center, and ProPresenter.
· Experience managing staff and/or volunteers including recruiting, training, and equipping
· Experience in video and audio production is helpful
· Must be an equipper of people, not just an “up front” person
Please send any work samples including video, audio, documents to: [email protected].
Making passionate, maturing followers of Jesus from here to the nations.
St. John's Lutheran Church of Blenheim | Lutheran
Part-time | Glen Arm, Maryland
Glen Arm, Maryland
layhill community church | Free Methodist
Internship | silver spring, Maryland
silver spring, Maryland
Rocky Mountain Chapel | Non-Denominational
Part-time | Cripple Creek, Colorado
Cripple Creek, Colorado
Trinty Church | Non-Denominational
Part-time | Virginia Beach, Virginia
Virginia Beach, Virginia
The Carpenter's House, Christian Worship Center | Non-Denominational
Part-time | Avondale, Arizona