CHILDREN'S MINISTRY DIRECTOR
The role of the Children’s Ministry Director (CMD) exists to partner with parents to help equip children to become fruit bearing disciples of Jesus Christ. The CMD primary role is to oversee the children’s ministry strategy of the North Pointe Church under the direction and leadership of the NextGen Director. The CMD will facilitate relational connection and spiritual growth of kids through weekend environments, and volunteer teams. The CMD is a proven Leader of Leaders – Equipping, Empowering, Replicating team members in all areas of this ministry.
Modeling Biblical Character & Upholding NPC Core Values
The CMD is a person of spiritual character and who upholds the beliefs and core values of the North Pointe Church. The CMD should represent a growing personal relationship with Christ with a strong desire to be led by the Holy Spirit to accomplish the ministry work that God has entrusted him/her to steward. The CMD models a strong relationship with his or her spouse (if married) and children (if applicable). The CMD strives to fulfill his or her purpose in life and ministry while demonstrating integrity in words, relationships, and actions.
Leadership of Volunteer Teams
Success in this role will be best accomplished by prioritizing an investment in ministry leaders who, in turn, influence & minister to the children. The CMD is responsible for creating an environment to recruit, develop and empower other children’s ministry leaders:
· Communicating clear vision and wins for staff and volunteer teams on a regular basis.
· Building systems and structures that lead people from being spectators to volunteers.
· Overseeing systems for background checks, safety, and security procedures.
· Overseeing scheduling, training, and care of volunteers.
· Championing the children’s ministry leadership development strategy.
· Providing centralized efforts for training leaders (retreats, tools, etc.)
· Providing staff and volunteer teams with current children’s ministry best practices.
· Providing regular evaluations and feedback to team members.
· Managing budget forecasts and expenses for team leaders.
Oversight of Campus Weekend Experiences
Responsible for creating programs that provide engaging environments for children:
· Develop Scope & Sequence for Children’s Ministry from Birth to 5th Grade (in collaboration with NexGen Director) to teach Bible Stories, Bible Memory Verses, Books of the Bible, Theology, Apologetics on increasing grade levels.
· Build teams of communicators and teachers who can creatively engage kids with the truth of God’s Word and teach them how to apply it to their young lives.
· Providing insight and direction for big picture programming and creative planning processes.
· Selecting relevant curriculum, props, and games for weekend experiences.
· Creating and maintaining a safe environment for all kids.
Oversight of Small Groups (Elementary Age Environments)
Constructs practical onramps and systems to help kids move from visiting to belonging and growing:
· Developing a systematic and effective effort to integrate kid’s small groups into weekend environments.
· Implementing a strategy to equip parents to help their kids take their next steps toward Christ beyond Sunday.
Additional Children’s Ministry Director – Ministry Responsibilities
Scope & Sequence Development
Develop a comprehensive ministry plan in collaboration with the NextGen Director for Spiritual, Biblical Development from 0-18yrs.
Identify the best curriculum that best meets the needs of NPKids now and in the future. (Currently - Gospel Project curriculum)
Recruit, onboard, schedule, and manage all volunteers for NPKids
Care for all NPKids Team Members (relationship building)
Vision-casting ministry of NPKids
Background checks, preparation, and equipment of new team members
Planning Center Volunteer Scheduling for NPKids
Identify and manage the needed systems to support NPKids
PCO database management (contact, communication, and scheduling)
Member Care for children & family associated with NPKids
Develop & Evaluate NPKids Ministry Effectiveness
Primary oversight of NPKids programming on Sunday mornings
Create, manage, evaluate, annual NPKids ministry events like VBS, Camp, and Parent’s Night Out
Give ministry away by creating volunteer opportunities and teams
Support and equip families to raise their kids to have a saving relationship with Jesus
Life-stage counseling and resourcing
Baptism counseling for kids
NPKids Family member care & prayer as needs arise
LifeSpan Ministry Model
CMD also partners with the Student Ministry Director (SMD) in what North Pointe Church calls LifeSpan ministry. LifeSpan ministry means leaders from both NPKids & NPStudents work together in the lives of our children from Birth to 18 yrs old. We believe that we can serve the Next Generation better when we partner together in leading and building relationships with our elementary, middle school & high school students.
Provide NPKids programming when needed at church-wide events
Christmas, Easter, Church-Sponsored Events
Oversee Children’s Ministry Assistant
PCO database updates, input, follow-up, first time guests. absentees (contact, communication)
Mailchimp emails to families with resources, events, and updates
Overseeing the financials of the ministry including credit card purchases, Amazon orders, ongoing subscriptions, and special event supply purchases.
Manage NexGen calendar to ensure cohesion with overall church plan
Work with Communication team to highlight events and ministry wins.
Manage & Care for NPKids support staff.
The North Pointe Church is located in Lutz, FL on 45 peaceful acres, just 1 mile from the fastest growing communities in Hillsborough/Pasco Counties.
Our mission is:
2022 was a hard year for our church with the death of our Senior Pastor’s wife Janna. While this was a painful season, God has done a great restorative work in our Pastor and has used this time of brokenness to realign his heart and refine the mission & vision of our church. Looking back, we can see how God has been realigning NPC back to His plan & vision for the last couple of years. (Watch message 09.10.2023 for more context) We are now in the process of staffing & structuring for the vision & growth that God has laid out for us. In late October, we are launching 3rd Service due to our recent rapid growth! God is clearly at work – Changing Lives! We are praying for God to send us co-laborers to partner with us in this ministry vision! Perhaps God is calling YOU to this vision!
Woodlawn Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Panama City Beach, Florida
Panama City Beach, Florida
First Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Tampa, Florida
ValparaisoFirst Church | Assemblies of God
Full-time | Valparaiso, Florida
El Bethel Church | Assemblies of God
Full-time | Grand Ridge, Florida
Grand Ridge, Florida
Cape Coral First United Methodist Church | United Methodist
Part-time | Cape Coral, Florida
Cape Coral, Florida