The Worship Leader inspires God’s people in corporate worship as led by the Holy Spirit and is one who skillfully combines biblical truth with music to magnify the worth of God and the redemptive work of Jesus Christ. The worship leader shepherds God’s people to cherish Biblical truth about God while seeking to live for the glory of God. The Worship Leader will also recruit and equip supporting team members (musicians, singers, tech personnel).
- Closely assist the Lead Pastor in building worship experiences that support the message themes throughout the year.
- Actively involved in mentoring and shaping the next generation in worship.
- Provide vision, leadership, accountability, and coaching for staff.
- Prepare and manage the worship ministries’ annual budget.
- Prepare Sunday services for 8:45 AM and 11:00 AM.
- Prepare Thursday Celebrate Recovery services for 7:00 PM.
- Prepare and lead special services such as 1st Sunday Evening prayer, Chrismon, Christmas Eve, Liberty at the Lake, Celebrate Recovery Anniversary, etc.
- Schedule the band and audio/visual teams through Planning Center.
- Prepare chord charts, demos, click/multitracks, and supporting tools.
- Attend staff and leadership meetings.
- Lead the volunteer worship team with monthly meetings, weekly communications, plan and pray together, listen to feedback and suggestions, and help recruit new people for worship and audio/visual teams.
- Oversee the technical aspects of worship (sound, light, media, staging).
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as needed for any worship ministry events.
- Plan, organize, and promote concerts, choir tours, mission trips, retreats, festivals, workshops, clinics, and other special programs to enhance the music ministry.
- Assist in selecting and providing appropriate music for weddings, funerals, counseling, special projects, and other church-related activities.
- Develop caring relationships with ministry volunteers through phone calls, visits, and hospitality.
- Plan and coordinate worship ministry team-building activities.
- Maintain or coordinate maintenance of worship ministry equipment and supplies.
- Provide leadership to the High School and Middle School Connect student worship team as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
- Suggested minimum of five (5) years experience in leading worship and pastoral ministry in a church of 200 or more.
- Evidence of moral character and a lifestyle consistent with the LBC Constitution, Bylaws, and Statement of Faith.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in music and church ministry.
- Must be musically talented, able to lead in singing, read music, and/or play an instrument.
- Must be able to exegete Scripture and apply theology to song selection.
- Experience leading worship in a variety of styles for believers and seekers together.
- Strong musical and leadership skills, both instrumental and vocal.
- Possess a strong work ethic.
- Use initiative and discretion in interaction with staff and congregants.
- Effective communication skills to lead and speak to our congregation in various settings.
- Knowledge and experience in worship ministry equipment cost and budgeting.
- Able to learn church/task management software such as REALM, Planning Center, and ClickUp.
- Christ-Centered, Spirit-empowered
- Able to lead, motivate, and influence
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Adaptable to changing environments
- Personal Integrity
- Servants heart