COWBOY FELLOWSHIP – ATASCOSA COUNTY
561 FM 3350
Jourdanton, TX 78026
CHILDREN’S MINISTER JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Children’s Minister
Position Status: Full-time Ministerial Staff; Salary
Supervisor(s): Senior Pastor, Elders
Purpose: The Children’s Minister is responsible for designing, coordinating, and overseeing a comprehensive children’s ministry program (Birth through 6th Grade) focused on building young disciples for Christ. Areas of focus include group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach. The Children's Minister will serve as an engaging spiritual leader and role model and should possess a strong biblical background.
● Serve as a children’s ministry advocate on a regular basis, educating and enlightening the congregation about the goals, concerns, and needs of the children in the local church and community.
● Communicate with church leadership, staff, parents, and congregation in a timely manner utilizing
available resources (email, website, social media, bulletin, etc.) about the children’s ministry.
● Plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced and engaging children’s ministry.
• Identify the needs and interests of children within the church and community.
• Evaluate existing programs to determine effectiveness; make necessary changes.
• Provide ministry and mission opportunities for children throughout the year.
● Teach biblically sound messages and studies that lead and inspire children to deepen their walk with God.
● Research resources and make recommendations for developing the children’s ministry programming.
● Pursue and participate in continuing education events and training opportunities within children’s ministry practices.
● Mentor children and provide counseling and spiritual direction that aligns with church ministry strategy
● Continue a successful progression between children’s ministry, youth ministry, and young adult ministry.
● Provide oversight and direct supervision to children’s ministry leaders and volunteers.
● Recruit, train and organize volunteers to work in all aspects of children’s ministry.
● Ensure adequate volunteer support and adult to child ratios.
● Maintain accurate records of participation.
● Compile and manage the children's ministry budget for reporting purposes.
● Maintain a flexible schedule that allows for approved and scheduled visits with children in a variety of ways (i.e. attendance at extracurricular activities, times of crisis, etc.).
● Collaborate with church staff members in a cohesive and open team environment.
● Attend and participate weekly/monthly staff and leadership meetings.
● Perform other ministry tasks as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
● Oversee the Youth Ministry in the absence of the Youth Pastor.
● Regular and reliable attendance is required in the performance of the job.
Qualifications: Prefer3 to 5 years of experience in children's ministry, plus the following:
● exhibit a personal and growing relationship with God
● experience and training related to:
• effectively working with children, preteens, and diverse groups
• developing, organizing, and effectively managing children’s programs
• coordinating activities and compiling and/or disseminating information related to children’s programs/events, civic activities, meeting/travel arrangements, etc.
• leading Vacation Bible School for 200+ children
• taking large groups to summer camp
• organizing volunteer efforts
• leadership skills
• exercising discretion with confidential information
● self-starter with proven creativity and a history of multiplication growth
● technology skills such as general operating, Microsoft Suite applications, Google Drive, Google Calendar, social media, video editing, visual graphics, etc.
● excellent written and verbal communication skills
● conflict management skills
Our humble beginnings started with a core group of 13 men who had been praying for an opportunity to minister to cowboys, ranchers, and others not in the habit of attending church. Based on good music, a short sermon, food, fellowship, and roping, the group gathered by the Dumas Arena every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month. Two years later, God began to place a new vision in their hearts - to start a cowboy church. Cowboy Fellowship was born. Cowboy Fellowship provides a “come as you are” atmosphere for anyone who wants to join us. People wear either jeans and boots, traditional Sunday best, or something in between. What truly matters is that you are with us to worship our Lord.
Longmont Calvary Church | Baptist
Part-time | Longmont, Colorado
Seffner Christian Academy | Baptist
Part-time | Seffner, Florida
Southminster Presbyterian Church | Presbyterian: PCUSA
Full-time | Dayton, Ohio