The Student Ministry Director is responsible for all aspects of Crosspoint’s Middle and High School Student Ministry.
What Success Looks Like
• One-on-one discipleship is taking place and students are growing in their relationship with Jesus, resulting in consistent life change
• Students are serving in the community and at Crosspoint.
• Attendance is keeping pace with overall church growth.
• There is excitement about the vision of Crosspoint and getting connected in Student Ministry.
• Tiers of leaders and coaches are being developed to effectively support all Life Group Leaders and future growth.
• There is consistency in Student Ministry leader training including discipleship training for leaders and coaches.
• There is a positive and smooth transition from Kidpoint to Student Ministry for both students and parents.
• Mature, growing disciple of Jesus
• Strategic Thinker and self motivated
• Has a passion for students
• Able to effectively organize and administer details within the ministry
• Displays strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication
• Ability to excel in a team environment
• Has proficient understanding of the challenges young people face, and ability to mentor and guide both students and parents.
• Bachelor's degree: theology, biblical studies or youth ministry degree preferred.
• Approachable and intentional in building relationships with students, parents, staff, and people of all backgrounds
Duties and Responsibilities
• Carries out the vision and mission of Crosspoint
• Develop and maintain an annual plan that ensures continuous improvement and growth of Student Ministry
• Implement recruitment and promotional strategies ensuring a healthy Student Ministry participation rate
• Plan and execute Student Ministry gatherings that are highly relational, fun and effective
• Encourage, equip, and train all Student Ministry leaders to foster healthy, growing groups and help create an environment where disciples create disciples.
• Work with the Lead Pastor and other staff to develop church-wide strategies. This
includes: annual church-wide events/campaigns, connection events and discipleship training.
• Develop positive relationships with students and their parents and interact with them during weekend services.
• Design, implement and manage strategies that make it easy to join the student ministry and create a culture where students invite their friends.
• Communicate and inform program plans with students and parents in a variety of ways including social media.
• Identify and develop curriculum that meets the ongoing needs of students.
• Prepare and deliver engaging weekly teaching for both Middle and High School nights.
• Manage the Student Ministry departmental budget.
• Update weekly reports: health report, promotion, etc.
• Plan and execute events throughout the year that keep students engaged and help to grow their faith. (summer camps, community events, mission trips).
• All other duties as assigned
Crosspoint is a healthy, growing church located in one of the fastest growing cities in America. Cape Coral is home to over 200,000 residents. Crosspoint began more than 18 years ago as a portable church in a local high school and seven years later moved to our permanent campus. Crosspoint focuses on doing three things as well as we can -- our weekend experience, small groups and serving our community. We believe in connecting people in our community and around the world to a relationship with Jesus and helping them grow as His disciples in relational environments.
Destiny Worship Center | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Destin, Florida
Oasis Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Ormond Beach, Florida
Ormond Beach, Florida
First Assembly - DeLand | Assemblies of God
Full-time | DeLand, Florida
Fuel Community Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Lakeland, Florida
Kairos Church | Baptist
Part-time | Winter Haven, Florida
Winter Haven, Florida