Job Description: Kids Ministry Pastor
Reports to: Lead Pastor & Administrative Pastor
Position Purpose: The Kids Ministry Pastor will be responsible for leading and overseeing the kids ministry of AP Church.
Nature of Working in A Christian Environment:
The person assuming this responsibility must be spiritually and emotionally mature, friendly and have a good attitude while in the work place. This person must also be able to function on a team and work closely with a large group of volunteers as well as the other staff members. In addition, the candidate must be able to distinguish between the nature of a church environment which depends heavily upon its servant leaders versus a secular environment which works mostly with paid employees. This distinction is critical to the function and success of this position. As a part of the Christian community, it is imperative that employees of the church understand they are viewed as an example of Christian virtues and must be sensitive not to violate these virtues through behavior, attitudes, actions, or speech.
Overall Duties and Responsibilities:
· Strong ability and experience in building, equipping, working with, and managing teams
· Ability to connect relationally with parents, kids, and families
· Good teaching ability and communication skills
· Proven ability to develop and implement strategy
· A willingness and ability to pioneer new things and inspire others to new initiatives
· To build a culture of discipleship in kids ministry that is shared with parents and leaders
· Create a safe environment for kids that cultivates growth spiritually and socially
· Oversee the professional and personal development of servant leader teams
· Develop your own leadership through books, podcasts, and relationship networking
Education or Credential Pre-requisites:
· Must have excellent skills with people and in communication, organization attitude skills, problem-solving as well as general computer skills.
· A minimum of 3 to 5 years of ministry experience in kids ministry
· B.A., B.S., Bible College or Seminary degree preferred
· Experience in raising a family would be an asset
· Other qualifications and training will be considered
This will be a full-time position with benefits.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by those who oversee them. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" employment relationship.
Community Church of Portage Lakes | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Akron, Ohio
Calvary Evangelical Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Van Wert, Ohio
Van Wert, Ohio
Family Life Wordship Center | Church of God: Cleveland
Part-time | Zullinger, Pennsylvania
Oasis Church | Church of God: Cleveland
Full-time | Hephzibah, Georgia