The Worship Pastor is the primary leader of the worship and technical teams for the contemporary services at First Methodist Monroe. As a leader, the Worship Leader will develop, implement, direct and promote a Worship Ministry that is relevant to our contemporary services.
Works in coordination with the overall goals and objectives of First Methodist Monroe.
Basic personal responsibilities:
- Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible study, prayer, and meditation.
- Maintain proper priorities in your home including your spouse and children (if married and/or with children).
- Faithfully support the ministries of First Methodist Monroe by maintaining wise stewardship measures over the resources entrusted to you.
- Maintain active participation in an adult-group.
- Perform duties and responsibilities in a manner to glorify Christ and further the mission and ministry purposes of First Methodist Monroe(Colossians 3:23-24).
SPECIFIC LIST OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead, plan, oversee and evaluate all components of the Worship Ministry pertaining to vocalists. Establish goals and objectives for this ministry and initiate strategies to fulfill them.
- Work in coordination with the overall goals and objectives of First Methodist’s mission and strategies.
- Plan and promote activities to support the Worship Ministry’s strategies and supervise the communication of these activities to other staff members and the church congregation as appropriate.
- Provide training opportunities to Worship Ministry servant leaders in keeping with the principles taught in Ephesians 4:11-12.
- Conduct regular planning meetings with those in your area of ministry.
- Assist other ministry leaders as necessary in the successful completion of regular worship events and special events as well as teaching contemporary music to our children.
- Participate in the selection of worship resources to effectively communicate God’s eternal truths; remain up-to-date on new resources.
- Prepares and manages the budget for the worship ministry.
- Perform administrative duties that are part of your job responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervises and coordinates work with servant leaders.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
No minimum. Must exhibit proficiency in leading worship from a primary instrument.
The individual must be able to understand written or oral instructions; read, analyze and interpret documents, instructions manuals, and policies and procedures. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with a diverse group of people, communicate clearly and effectively on the telephone, email and in person, demonstrating tact and diplomacy.
COMPUTER AND MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
The individual must have demonstrated skill in the use of PC systems to complete tasks, including word processing and spreadsheets and the ability to use the internet for information retrieval. The individual must have basic mathematical skills, knowledge of bookkeeping and basic accounting, and budget and expense monitoring. The individual must have the ability to read financial information and spreadsheets.
The ability to simultaneously conceptualize and plan multiple tasks; project outcomes using different implementation strategies; and apply creative and innovative thinking to problem situations is required. The ability to work effectively and efficiently under stressful conditions to ensure deadlines are met is essential.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or
hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level of the work environment is usually moderate.
Based upon experience.
Live Oak Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Denham Springs, Louisiana
Denham Springs, Louisiana
First Baptist Church Mandeville, Louisiana | Baptist: SBC
Part-time | Mandeville, Louisiana
First United Methodist Church of Dunedin | United Methodist
Part-time | Dunedin, Florida
Maumee United Methodist Church | United Methodist
Part-time | MAUMEE, Ohio
First United Methodist Church | United Methodist
Full-time | Morehead City, North Carolina
Morehead City, North Carolina