The Youth Pastor will lead and oversee the Youth and Young Adult Ministry (grade 6 through about age 24). We believe that Grace Baptist Church (GBC) is called to fulfill Christ’s commission to: Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you.” (Matthew 28:19-20) in Prince William County, in Virginia, in the United States, and around the world.
GBC is in Woodbridge, VA, a suburb of Washington, D.C., in a rapidly growing county. We believe that the fields are ripe for harvest in this growing community and we desire to reach out and minister to those who God has placed near-by. The Youth Ministry currently includes over 100 youth from many different Middle and High Schools in the area, as well as those who attend private schools or are home schooled. The Youth Ministry also includes ministry to college students as well as young adults through about age 24. The Youth Pastor is supported by an amazing team of capable and gifted adults who are passionate about ministry to youth and who teach, serve, and lead the various Youth Ministry programs.
It is the desire of GBC that our youth be led to Christ, discipled in their faith, and equipped for ministry in their church and community, as well as for living the Christian life at college and/or in their future careers. We believe that youth discipleship is accomplished via a partnership with parents and adult volunteers but is most importantly the transforming work of God in their lives.
Interviews with qualified candidates will begin on or after August 27, 2021.
Ministry Area/Department Youth Ministry
Position Youth Pastor
Accountable To Executive Pastor
Ministry Target Youth (grade 6 through about age 24), currently attending GBC and in the nearby communities. Youth missions include local, national, and international outreach. Position Is Category I (full-time salaried)
Spiritual Maturity Level Exhibiting daily walk with Christ • Maturing Christian • Passion for prayer • A sense of calling into ministry
Desired Education/Experience/ Abilities Bachelor’s Degree • Bible/Theology Training • Leading youth ministry • Attracting and leading teams of adults • Working in partnership with parents • Organizing complex events • Good role model
Anticipated Time Commitments
Category I Employee: Participate and lead youth ministry activities, meetings, retreats, and services including Wednesday nights. Attend one worship service (currently Saturday night and Sunday mornings) and be on campus for the other services. Participate in Staff, Prayer, Body Life meetings and Discover Grace Classes. The workweek is typically 40-50 hours, with flexible office hours, and one weekday off plus Saturday (except for the Saturday evening worship service).
Youth Ministry Responsibilities
1. Give direction to and oversee the youth ministry. A key responsibility of the Youth Pastor is to regularly seek where God is working in youth’s lives and to plan, develop, and implement ministries that join with His transformation and equipping of youth for living the Christian life and for ministry in our church and community. Existing programs must be regularly examined for effectiveness and adjusted, as necessary.
2. Plan and implement bible study and discipleship programs for youth on Saturday evening, on Sunday morning during both small group education hours and on Wednesday nights. 3. Plan and implement outreach ministry to youth in the community.
4. Recruit and motivate adults who serve in youth ministry. Plan and direct training and equipping sessions for youth ministry leaders/volunteer workers.
5. Identify, secure, plan, and provide ministry and mission opportunities for youth.
6. As required, move ministry supplies (e.g., a 40lb case of bottled water), prepare rooms for special youth ministry meetings (e.g., lift and move tables and chairs), participate, and lead active games and sports events (e.g., VBS field games).
7. Provide counseling and spiritual direction to youth.
8. Lead and train youth worship team.
9. Plan, recruit leaders and manage Youth Ministry special events.
10. Provide oversight and participate in the youth ministry aspects of church-wide special events.
11. Seek and participate in training opportunities to equip yourself and your team for ministry including the youth leadership team.
12. Develop the youth ministry annual budget and manage expenditures to this budget throughout the year.
13. Recruit, train, mentor, and guide youth interns and assistants, as necessary.
14. Establish a youth baptism program; counsel prospects and conduct/facilitate baptismal ceremonies.
15. Solicit/prepare Body Life ministry reports for Youth Ministries to include student, college, and young adult ministries.
1. Participate in church planning, conduct, and evaluate services, ministries, and activities.
2. Conduct hospital visits to church-wide members one day per week or as needed.
3. Participate in staff meetings and leadership training sessions/retreats.
4. Assist in other tasks as assigned.
Radford Baptist Church
First Baptist Church Collinsville
Rocky Mount Baptist Church
Christ Church Vienna
Tiffany Fellowship Church
New Season Church
Trinity Baptist Church
New Hope Baptist Church
Sandia Baptist Church