HOURS: 15-20 hours weekly
Please include a link of you singing or leading worship.
As the Worship Leader at The Crossing Church you will have the opportunity to build and grow a thriving worship ministry. You will be responsible for inviting, guiding, and encouraging the people of the church each week to enter into an authentic worship experience using music and prayer. As the Worship Leader you must possess a passion for worship and ministry, and a love for the local church.
- Must possess a personal, consistent, and growing relationship with the Lord.
- Must be a competent instrumentalist (guitar or keys) and vocalist
- Must be proficient in directing a band with a clear understanding of music theory
- Must be people oriented with great communication skills for leading and training volunteers
- Must be able to lead under pressure and time constraints with an optimistic attitude
- Must be comfortable with public speaking, public prayer, and performing
- Must have previous worship leading experience
- Experience performing with backing tracks or a click track is a plus
- Knowledge of programs such as Ableton and Pro Presenter are a plus
- Leading an inviting, dynamic worship experience every Sunday where people can encounter God
- Facilitating scheduling for volunteers and weekly rehearsals
- Recruiting, developing, and discipling a volunteer staff
- Managing all music related needs such as chord charting, volunteer training, song selection, and overall worship culture of the church
- Contributing creative ideas to church leadership to expand the role of worship ministry
- Crafting worship sets that are seamless experiences with a blend of songs, prayer, Scripture and commentary
- Helping plan special services and events such as holiday services
- Works with staff to ensure music reflects the mission and vision of the church; pivots as needed based on direction
- Responsible for line item budget management related to worship team, equipment, and services
- Participates in staff meetings and planning for TCC events
- Responsible for assisting tech team and facilitating online worship experiences
About The Crossing Church:
The Crossing Church is a contemporary church located 20 miles west of New York City in a highly diverse, middle class community. The mission of the church is to develop devoted followers of Jesus that love God, love people, and serve the world. Our leadership team strives to build a fantastic culture and our core values include:
- Commitment to a personal relationship with Jesus and moving people along to become committed disciples of Jesus.
- Excellence in everything we endeavor to do. We will do things as well as we can given the resources God allows us to work with.
- Transparency in regards to our brokenness while being passionate ambassadors of God’s grace.
- Selfless service which translates to having a whatever-it-takes attitude on the part of every staff member and leader to see the vision of the The Crossing instituted.
- Loving embrace of every person who walks through our doors.
- Structured informality in our public meetings to disarm guests and allow a comfort level to everyone attending.
- Cultural relevance which results in TCC going where people are, to build bridges to introduce people to Christ, and make them fully devoted followers of him.
TCC Worship Influences:
Elevation Worship, Bethel Music, Jesus Culture, Hillsong UNITED, Hillsong Worship, Passion, Vertical Worship