General Description: Church of the Holy SpiritSong is an independent, non-denominational, Christ-centered, LGBT+ affirming church. Our mission is to ignite the world for Christ, one life at a time. We are a high-energy group of Christians who come together to worship God as a family and thank His Son Jesus Christ for coming into our lives and changing us from within. This position is responsible for shaping the vision and direction of the Church, preaching and teaching on biblical principles, and providing Pastoral counseling and spiritual guidance for the congregation.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing and delivering sermons and classes to the congregation to meet their spiritual needs.
- Officiating at special occasions in the congregation's lives, such as dedications, weddings, baptisms, and funerals/celebrations of life.
- Helping the church ministry by attending to administrative duties, including but not limited to maintaining a budget, managing church projects, and daily office duties.
- Executing outreach ministries, including but not limited to addressing community needs and cultivating relationships with other churches, businesses, and city municipalities.
- Preferred degree (BA, M.Div) plus 3-5 years of experience in a pastoral role.
- Strong moral character to give a good spiritual example to the congregation.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing to inform, persuade and comfort congregation members.
- Experience in pastoral counseling and crisis management.
- Efficient in administrative applications, such as Microsoft Office, church software (Church Track), online giving platforms (PayPal and Givelify), QuickBooks, and email services.
- Detail-oriented with superior organizational skills; flexible, adaptive to embrace/champion change.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in an active church, executing responsibilities accurately and efficiently; highly effective team player, and cross-functional collaborator.
- General knowledge of 501c3 and grant writing.
- Additional duties and travel as needed.