Collaborate with the church leadership and report to the Head Pastor to rebuild, recruit, and revitalize the children’s and family ministry, with a special focus on attracting young families to join the church, and thus help fulfill the piece of the church’s broader mission that supports families and children.
Salary: ~$60K (depending on experience)
The position will report to the Head Pastor.
Collaborate closely with the Session, and Christian Education Committee specifically, to oversee and manage a strong Education Ministry with cohesiveness between children, youth and adult education, including:
1. Create annual plans and goals, in line with the broader church mission and vision.
2. Recruit, manage, and train volunteers to support the ministry.
3. Children’s Education
4. Youth Education
5. Adult education
parents to support their children’s Christian discipleship.
Support and equip volunteer leaders of different committees and ministries to lead their ministries.
Support Children and Family Aspects of Sunday Worship, including:
Coordinate and deliver the majority of children’s sermons during church services.
Preach the Sunday sermon to the church 8-12 times per year.
Support children’s engagement in Sunday services.
Assume the duties of Head Pastor in his absence.
Develop and implement an outreach strategy designed to bring people to the faith and grow the church [e.g., by developing programs, leveraging existing church events as family outreach events; engaging the whole church to minister to the needs of the local community].
Support Pastoral Care and Counseling, especially to families by working with Head Pastor, Deacons, and other ministries as appropriate, providing pastoral care and service to church and community members in need.
Ensure achievements and needs of the Children and Family Ministry are communicated.
Oversee/maintain a directory of children and families engaged in the ministry.
Actively participate in the life of the Church: Attend monthly Session meetings; participate in one of the church’s small groups; attend church services and events.
Other duties as assigned.
• Masters of Divinity or Masters of Theology preferred; Bachelor’s Degree required
• Ordained or on track to be ordained as a minister, required
• A strong commitment to Jesus Christ, consistent with the historic Christian faith as expressed in the Reformed confession and a commitment to our congregation
• At least 4 years experience in church ministry, along with developing leaders and administering programs, preferred
• The candidate should seek to honor Christ in all relationships and maintain a lifestyle which is consistent with scripture and the essential tenets of ECO.
• Ability to manage and oversee program budget.
Key Personality Traits Required:
• Adaptable, teachable, willing to learn
• Self-starter, self-manager
• Personable/a “people person”
• A love for children and their maturing in faith, and a heart to equip parents in their role as spiritual leaders to their children
• The candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills, teaching gifts, experience recruiting and developing volunteers, and the
ability to lead a vibrant growing children and family ministry
• Social media and IT skills a plus
The Ellensburg Presbyterian Church, an ECO church, is looking for the right individual to join our church family and help with the leadership of our church. We hold two services on Sundays, a traditional and a contemporary service. Membership for the congregation is 157 and our leadership Session is comprised of 5 men and 5 women. Like most, we feel our church is special and unique.
Real Hope Community Chuurch | Christian Missionary Alliance
Part-time | Lacey, Washington
Bethel Church | Baptist
Full-time | Prosser, Washington
Good Shepherd Bible Church | Bible Church
Full-time | Bellingham, Washington
Soma Church Eastside through Context Staffing | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Issaquah, Washington