FAMILY MINISTRIES LEADER
First Baptist Venice/The Lakefront Church
Objective: To oversee the Preschool, Children, and Young Adult Ministry
• A mature relationship with Jesus as Savior and Lord
• A person of prayer
• Exhibits the fruit of the Spirit and knows how to walk in the
power of the Spirit
• Strong relationship skills
• A person of integrity who has a good reputation with those inside and outside of the church
• In agreement with and will abide by the Southern Baptist Convention Baptist Faith and Message 2000 and the By-Laws of First Baptist Church.
• Strong abilities and experience in equipping leaders and working with teams
• Ability to connect relationally with parents and children
• Good teaching ability and communication skills
• Ability to work closely with other Ministry Staff, and Church Leaders to see that the vision, objectives, and ministries are accomplished
• Proven ability to develop and implement strategies
• A willingness and ability to pioneer new things and inspire others
to new initiatives
• To help build a discipling culture among Children, Birth through 5th Grade and Young Adults
• Recruiting and equipping a team of volunteers in Preschool and Children’s Ministries
• Create a safe environment for Preschool and Children that encourages growth in spiritual maturity.
• Inspire and equip parents and young adults in their role as primary disciplers of their children. Support them in teaching and mentoring their children in a life of following Christ.
· Develop small groups for the parents of children; in-house and off-campus
• Integrate Preschool and Children into the larger church
community. Help foster an atmosphere where all ages are valued and participate.
• Work with leaders to develop a coordinated curriculum for all
ages that teaches and models the life of a Believer.
• The Family Ministries Leader will be involved in the community,
seeking out relationships with those who do not know Christ.
Result-Based Job Description
Relationships: This is a highly relational ministry and thus priority must be placed on building healthy relationships with children, and their parents. Godly success will be demonstrated by the following results:
· Result 1 - The Family Ministries Leader participates in community/school events involving Preschool and Children.
· Result 2 - Children and their parents who are new to FBCV/Lakefront are followed up promptly and made to feel welcomed.
· Result 3 - The Family Ministries Leader is accessible to parents as a sounding board and to provide prayer and counsel when needed.
· Result 4 - Events are planned regularly that are engaging not only to church families but also those in the community.
· Result 5 – There will be an increasing number of children and young adults in Connection Classes, Small Groups, and Worship.
· Result 6 – There will be parenting and marriage seminars at least two times each year.
· Result 7 – The Family Ministries Leader will be present in the Church Worship Services and will lead their family to also be
involved in the life and ministries of FBCV/The Lakefront Church.
Bachelor’s Degree is a Minimum
The applicant should have a Southern Baptist Church work experience. We are a conservative, Biblically-based congregation that believes we can reach our community for Christ in many varied approaches. The applicant should have a history of creativity and a strong work ethic.
First Baptist Church, Newberry, FL
St. Lukes UMC
Teen Challenge Gateway Boys Academy
Venice Presbyterian Church
Community Christian Church
Grace Church of Overland Park