Children, Youth and Family Ministry Job Description
Edison Park Lutheran Church is seeking a person responsible for evolving and innovating our Children, Youth and Family Ministry.
· Direct/oversee all youth activities, including Jr. and Sr. High, not limited to i.e. White water rafting, national youth gathering, mission trips, fundraising and regular meetings and service and volunteer projects
· Develop curriculums for confirmation and all ages. Lead confirmation for 7th and 8th grades and confirmation retreat, and assist with children’s ministryConnect with the children and their families, keeping them informed of ongoing activities. Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement
· Promote an environment where students feel connected to each other and feel safe to be who they were created to be; where each student is valued and celebrated
· Chair the Youth Task force and create a team of volunteers to work with the youth
· Children’s messages and recruit other people to give a message
· Coordinate social media platforms to reach out to our children and to the neighborhood.
· Must love working with children and youth of all ages
· Shows good values and judgement
· The Youth Director reports to the Pastoral staff
· Maintain a flexible work schedule including evenings, attend weekend services and special occasions. Work with other churches, outreach events, and youth message boards Lead Wednesday night youth meeting (or different evening).
· College degree is preferred – a big plus if degree is in children, youth and family
· Experience developing and leading a youth program
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Have good organizational skills and train volunteers to help with the youth
· Possess good computer skills and ability to utilize technology and social media
· Have basic experience working with AV, multimedia and presentation software
· Work well with other staff
· Good moral judgement and understanding of ELCA Lutheran faith
This ministry is full-time with benefits. Housing is available as part of the Benefits
Work with other churches, outreach events, and youth message boards. Interest in arts and music a plus. Lead Wednesday night youth meeting (or different evening.). CY and F ministry needs to evolve and be innovative.
Send Resume to [email protected] or [email protected]
Full-time Children, Youth and Family Director, with benefits
Moraine Valley Church | Baptist
Full-time | Palos Heights, Illinois
Palos Heights, Illinois
Lake Ridge Christian Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Paris, Illinois
St. Paul's Lutheran Church | Lutheran
Full-time | Maumee, Ohio
Three Rivers Grace Church | Reformed
Full-time | Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania