Mt. Vernon Baptist Church in Redford, Michigan is a multigenerational congregation that loves God, His Word, and His Body—the church. We are committed to knowing Christ and making Him known in our community and beyond. We are seeking a part-time/bi-vocational Worship and Media Pastor who will work closely with our pastor in cultivating worship services and worship teams that help lead our congregation to see and savor the greatness of God in Jesus Christ, in the power of the Spirit. We wish to participate in a blended worship experience with a mix of hymns and contemporary praise songs, led in a way that will exalt Christ and edify the believer.
· A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a growing personal relationship with Him.
· Background in music and leading worship.
· Flexible music styles that lend to leading a blended worship service.
· Proficiency in piano/keyboard, guitar, or both.
· Planning weekly worship services in coordination with the pastor. Choosing songs and hymns that reflect biblical truth, engage the congregation and support the reading and preaching of God’s word.
· Modeling and leading authentic worship that encourages participation and points people to Jesus.
· Encouraging, teaching, and training others to use their musical gifts to serve the church with enthusiasm and humility.
· Leading weekly rehearsals that serve a dual purpose: (A) preparation for Sunday and (B) cultivation of Christ-centered community.
· Managing audio/visual needs of church including preparation of worship slides and maintenance of audio/visual equipment.
· Creating and administering a church website and maintaining a presence on social media platforms. Extensive I.T. Knowledge is not necessary. The position will require being able to construct and update a website and navigate media platforms.
· Candidate must be in agreement with the church’s statement of faith and Leadership Covenant.
· Embrace and Exemplify a high biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle.
· Agree to become a member of Mt. Vernon Baptist Church.
· Participate in staff meetings and church-wide events such as Christmas and Easter.
A qualified candidate will receive $1,500 per month. Candidate is expected to work 15-20 hours a week.
Please provide the following when applying:
· A cover letter explaining your testimony of faith and calling into ministry. Also include your approach to creating a compelling worship experience and the gifts you can bring to that experience.
· A resume with relevant experiences.
· (Optional) A video highlighting you leading a worship service or simply worshipping our God with your talents. Video can be ‘raw’ - we don’t expect a professionally mixed/edited demo video!
Items can be emailed to church at [email protected], or physically mailed to Mt. Vernon Baptist Church, 8828 Wormer, Redford, MI 48239.
Mt. Vernon Baptist Church in Redford, Michigan is a multigenerational congregation that loves God, His Word, and His Body—the church. We are committed to knowing Christ and making Him known in our community and beyond.
Calvary Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Holland, Michigan
Gaines Church | United Brethren
Part-time | Caledonia, Michigan
First Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Part-time | Lexington, Missouri
Chestnut Hill Baptist church | Baptist: SBC
Part-time | Lynchburg, Virginia
Northside Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Elizabethtown, Kentucky