The full-time pastor is responsible to the church to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, to teach the biblical revelation, to engage pastoral care ministries, and to be fully engaged in sermon preparation for the church body on Sunday morning/evenings, Wednesday evenings and special events throughout the year to provide leadership throughout all areas of church life for all ages of the church body.
- Plan and conduct the worship service; prepare and deliver sermons; lead in observance of ordinances.
- Lead the church in an effective program of witnessing and in a caring ministry for persons involved in the church and community
- Visit members and prospects
- Conduct counseling sessions, perform wedding ceremonies; conduct funerals
- Serve as moderator at Church Council and Business Meetings with the knowledge of Roberts Rules of Order to effectively and efficiently conduct meetings
- Work with deacons, church officers, and committee as they perform their assigned responsibilities; train and lead deacons in a program of family ministries
- Coordinate with associational, state, and denominational leaders in matters of mutual interest and concerns pertaining and benefiting the well-being of the church body
- Supervise the work of assigned paid staff workers
- Serve as Head Master of the Academy
About Valley Hi First Baptist Church
We are a family of faith that stands on Biblical Truth and loves genuinely! Our mission is to engage, encourage, and equip men, women, and children as they transform into fully devoted followers of Christ!