Crestwood United Methodist Church
YOUTH & YOUNG ADULT MINISTER
FULL TIME POSITION: 40 Hours per week
COMPENSATION: $30,000-40,000 PLUS Housing based on experience. Benefit package.
The minister of Youth and Young Adults, under the supervision of the Senior Pastor, and being responsible / accountable to the Staff Parish Relations Committee, provides primary direction and leadership consistent with the vision, mission and objectives for the youth (6th-12th grade) and young adult (18-29) programs at Crestwood United Methodist Church (CUMC)
This position assumes primary responsibility at CUMC for:
· Recruiting, training and supervising volunteer laity for all youth and young adult programs and functions.
· Reviewing, selecting, and ordering curriculum materials for all youth and young adult programs.
· Advertising and promoting all youth and young adult programs through a communication plan that includes the monthly church newsletter and frequent connections with youth, young adults and parents.
· Supervising ongoing youth and young adult ministries including:
o Middle and High School Programs (Sunday School, Sunday Night and Wednesday Night Youth Group)
o Small Groups
o Regular mission/service projects throughout the year
o Social and outreach events
o Start and develop a young adult program that offers at least a Sunday morning Bible Study and weekly evening experience.
· Planning and attending seasonal weekend and weeklong activities for youth including, but not limited to:
o Fall: Overnight retreat with spiritual and recreation focus
o Winter: Winter Blitz, Ski Trip, etc)
o Spring: Spring Retreat
o Summer: Weeklong mission trip, short term trips, day trips
· Planning, teaching and facilitating yearly confirmation class with the Senior Pastor
· Being available as a support person to local schools during times of crisis.
· Meeting regularly with students in local schools during lunch and attend school functions (plays, sports games, concerts, etc)
· Supervising student ministry interns and volunteers
· Participation in Sunday morning worship and other church activities.
· Maintaining an active and involved Youth and Parent Council for support and planning of all youth programs.
· Communicating concerns and needs to either the Senior Pastor or SPRC Chairperson in a timely manner.
· Attending staff meeting and committee meetings when requested by Senior Pastor or committee chairperson.
· Successfully completing other duties as assigned.
PERESONAL AND LEADERSHIP CHARACTERISTICS DEEMED HIGHLY IMPORTANT FOR THE MINISTER OF YOUTH
· Love of God and neighbor, a generous nature, being truthful at all times, treating all people with dignity, and daily living a life that demonstrates behavior consistent with professed beliefs and spiritual practices.
· Good communication and planning skills
· Goal oriented (short and long term) with ability to articulate a clear vision for the ministry.
· Flexibility in working with others
· Enthusiastic team player and contributor
· Consisted, sound follow-through and accountability
· Versatile program approach with broad, creative view of youth ministry.
$30,000-40,000 possible housing option based on experience. Benefit package
To apply email your resume to [email protected]. Title the email “Youth and Young Adults.”
Crestwood United Methodist Church is a growing and vibrant church 5 minutes from Louisiville, KY. We have a strong history in youth ministry and are starting a new young adult ministry. Our Sunday morning worship includes a 9:00 Contemporary Service, Small Groups and 11:00 Traditional Service. We are active in many missions in the community, state and world!
Macedonia Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Owensboro, Kentucky
First Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | London, Kentucky
Scottsville Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Scottsville, Kentucky
Forks of Elkhorn Baptist Church | Baptist
Full-time | Midway, Kentucky
Mill Creek Baptist Church | Baptist
Full-time | Bardstown, Kentucky