Looking for an experienced, creative, and strategic Worship Pastor. Must be a strong leader and developer with the ability to multiply their teams. Style is contemporary with live musicians and the ability to lead all ages into the presence of God. Craft, Chemistry, and a Heart of Worship at a professional level with the ability/experience to grow future worship leaders.
Associate Pastor | Worship Job Description
Purpose: To lead, develop, feed, and multiply the worship ministry & technical arts ministry under the vision of West Ridge Church.
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Updated: March 2022
Areas of Responsibility
- Serve as an armor bearer at the discretion of the Lead Pastor or staff.
- Make every effort to bring the vision of West Ridge Church to life and continually grow as a leader.
- Build/multiply, direct, and coordinate the worship and technical art teams of West Ridge Church. Worship and Technical Arts are silo ministries that support all ministries of the church to keep unity, heart, and excellence.
- Participate in all production and creative meetings. This includes assisting in the overall programming and execution of creative elements for our services (ie. Props, songs, video elements, giveaways, etc).
- Oversee the worship ministry at all West Ridge Church ministries and all special events. Ensure the band and background singers are equipped and prepared in advance for each event and service.
- Stay current with culture as it relates to design and style in both the church and the general market. Worship needs to reach all target audiences, our desire is not to have gaps in age groups due to style, preference, etc.
- Lead, develop, and grow a desire of writing unique songs to express our heart and vision in any season.
- Serve side-by-side with the Technical Arts Director during setup and teardown during weekend worship or other ministry services.
- Organize or delegate the resources needed for your teams. (Post chord charts, MP3s and other necessary elements).
- Develop innovative methods/systems to take West Ridge Church worship to the vision and destiny the Lord has for us.
- Provide vision and leadership for the children's (North Country/Element) and Awaken Youth worship on Sunday mornings & Wednesday’s.
- Be available for additional projects on an as-needed basis (ie. Women’s Ministry, recordings, special events, etc.)
- Lead & feed your teams the Word of God and the vision the Lord has given to the church globally and specifically in your areas. The worship platform is held to a higher standard as we direct/communicate the presence and leading of the Lord. Our teams will only be as healthy as we lead and are united as one.
- Maintain the God ordained priorities in your life by putting Jesus Christ first, you & your spouse second, children third, and ministry as a fourth priority.
- Passionately strive to live the abundant life found in Christ through applying the core values of West Ridge Church in a vital daily relationship with Jesus Christ
- Give 10% (tithe) of income into the vision of West Ridge Church and offerings as the Holy Spirit leads you as He grows our future vision.
- Avoid the appearance of evil, let no hint of immorality exist and conduct life with the utmost integrity in all situations
- Maintain loyalty to the vision and staff of West Ridge Church and always protect the unity God has given this church