In support of the mission of the Greater Piney Grove Baptist Church, this position is responsible for providing and maintaining accurate records management of the various components of the membership database, preparing various reports, annual contribution statements, and coordinating mailing labels and mass mailings. Assist the Business Manager with accounts payable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Posts tithes, offerings, and ministry giving to individual accounts on a weekly basis; updating, adjusting, and reconciling member profiles as necessary (name, address, etc.)
2. Reconciles weekly revenue batches with finance room deposits and online giving reports.
3. Receives and answers inquiries concerning members’ financial contributions and provides annual contribution statements to members for income tax purposes.
4. Prepares weekly contribution reports and individual contribution statements as requested.
5. Prepares weekly rosters and restricted revenue reports as requested by Ministry leaders.
6. Maintains accurate data in Automated Church Systems (ACS) modules (i.e., attendance, visitation, reservations, accts payable, security, etc.). Updates files of the ACS Phone Tree.
7. Posts account adjustments and mail letters for returned checks and deposits.
8. Design and set up event registrations; monitor revenue and outstanding payments.
9. Receives visitors’ guest cards and sends “Thank you” letters to visitors who attend worship.
10. Manages the accounts payable process (bill paying), processing all vendor and voucher
payments and responding to vendor inquiries.
10. Provides assistance to the Business Manager with audit schedules and reporting.
11. Participates in weekly Bible Study, staff meetings, retreats, workshops, seminars, and
other professional training provided by the Church.
12. Serves as back-up to Pastor’s Administrative Assistant and Front Desk Receptionist.
13. Manages building pledges/commitments; data entry of commitments, modifications,
reporting, and bulk mailings.
14. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum of High school diploma. College degree preferred.
· 5+ years of experience related to data entry and database maintenance, basic bookkeeping and/or general accounting functions.
Desirable Skills and Abilities
1. Excellent oral and written communication; organization and problem-solving.
2. Knowledge of, and the ability to use, office automation software, including, but not limited to, the Microsoft Office Suite, internet, ACS (Automated Church Systems) and email.
3. Detail-oriented, flexible, and creative.
4. Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of the Church.
5. Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Northside Drive Baptist Church
Part-time | Atlanta, Georgia
Linked UP Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Powder Springs, Georgia
Powder Springs, Georgia
Lexington Baptist Church | Baptist
Full-time | Lexington, South Carolina
Lexington, South Carolina
Pecan Park Baptist Church | Baptist
Part-time | jacksonville, Florida