The Director of Worship and Music Ministry plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and provides vision to VOG's worship and music ministry in a Spirit-filled atmosphere that reflects Jesus Christ and is in harmony with the vision and mission of Vision of Glory Lutheran Church.
The Director of Worship and Music Ministry reports to the Senior Pastor in leading VOG’s worship and music ministry with accountability to the Business Manager with respect to certain events and financial and business-related matters. The Director of Worship and Music Ministry collaborates with VOG’s technical team as well as other ministerial staff to support VOG’s ministries, and schedules and manages musicians and vocalists as part of the music ministry.
VOG’s membership is multi-generational and its music reflects a mix of hymns and contemporary praise and worship, led in a way that Jesus Christ is honored and God is glorified.
Worship Music Leader
• Plans and passionately leads the worship music for Sunday services as well as other special services throughout the year including, but not limited to, Lent, Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
• Subject to scheduling, available for music provided for weddings, funeral and memorial services, or other VOG functions (Fees are negotiated with the parties involved).
• Maintains a supportive and positive working relationship with the Congregation and staff.
• In addition to leading most of the Sunday worship services, recruits and develops a worship team, and schedules musicians and vocalists as needed.
• Plans and oversees worship team rehearsals.
Music Ministry Visionary
• Designs and creatively builds out VOG’s overall worship music ministry.
• Develops and inspires new worship music team members.
• Mentors the next generation of worship musicians.
• Maintains an atmosphere of personal and spiritual growth that enables living a life of faith, including the areas of personal daily devotions, prayer, continuing education, and a healthy lifestyle.
Staff/Team Collaboration and Administration
• Attends staff meetings and participates in church-wide planning and execution of VOG’s vision and mission.
• Regularly consults with the Senior Pastor to coordinate music for Sunday and special services.
• Collaborates with the worship tech team, and ensures relevant information for worship services is included in Planning Center and song lyrics are reflected in ProPresenter.
• Provides input into the annual budget for music ministry and manages activities within the approved budget.
• Ensures compliance with music copyright licensing, in coordination with Business Office.
• Participates in VOG initiatives and other projects, as assigned by Senior Pastor.
• Collaborates with Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministry and Director of Children’s and Family Ministry to support VOG ministries and activities.
• An active and living Christian faith, and acceptance of VOG’s faith, moral teachings and practices, expressed in the Holy Scriptures and VOG’s mission, statement of beliefs and confession of faith, Constitution, By-Laws, church policies and teachings. These are stated on our website, www.vogchurch.com.
• Compassion, mercy and patience with a diversity of people, including staff, members of the Congregation, and others.
• Dependable, responsible, self-motivated and creative music talent.
• Ability to play piano and one or more other instruments (e.g., guitar).
• Strong leadership and relational skills, with the ability to lead music ministry and collaborate with others.
• Ability to organize, coordinate, and inspire and energize musicians and technical team members.
• Record of accomplishment in leading worship music or participating as an integral member on a worship music team. 3+ Years Worship Team experience (Worship leader preferred).
• Degree in a music-related field or biblical studies preferred.
Please submit the following items to [email protected] (indicate “Attention: Worship Music Leader Search Committee” in the subject line of the email):
• Current resume (in pdf form), including two references
• Specific examples of music performances / worship sets
• Links to any social media platforms in which you post, blog or post photos.
Vision of Glory Lutheran Church (AFLC) is a body of followers of Jesus Christ who desire to love and serve God while loving and serving others. It's all about being real to the truth of the most radical news ever proclaimed-the gospel of Jesus Christ.
North Heights Lutheran Church | Lutheran
Part-time | Arden Hills, Minnesota
Arden Hills, Minnesota
Faith Lutheran Church | Lutheran
Part-time | Appleton, Wisconsin
St. John's Lutheran Church of Blenheim | Lutheran
Part-time | Glen Arm, Maryland
Glen Arm, Maryland
Cross of Grace Lutheran Church | Lutheran
Part-time | New Palestine, Indiana
New Palestine, Indiana
St. Mark Lutheran Church | Lutheran
Part-time | Lindenhurst, Illinois