JOB DESCRIPTION FOR PART-TIME WORSHIP LEADER (20 HOURS/WEEK)
CHESTNUT HILL BAPTIST CHURCH
5225 Fort Avenue
Lynchburg, Virginia 24502
Our Worship Leader must have an ongoing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ and desire to see others come to know the Lord through worship.
The part-time Worship Leader shall assume responsibility for the development and promotion of a comprehensive music program in all areas of church life. He/she will work directly with the Pastor to develop meaningful and creative worship experiences for the congregation.
· Serve as a member of the Church Council
· Plan music for worship services in cooperation with the Pastor and work closely with other worship team members to provide a creative and meaningful worship experience for the congregation.
· Direct the Sanctuary Choir for rehearsals and worship services.
· Direct a hand bell choir for rehearsals and performances
· Serve as a resource for all other music programs and personnel and be willing to assist as time permits
· Assume responsibility for the leadership required for the church music ministry
· Maintain a direct and open line of communication with the Pastor and other church staff and attend staff meetings.
· Manage the acquisition and inventory of the music library (including music for children and youth choirs) and acquisition and maintenance of instruments and equipment, as budgeted and approved by the Stewardship Committee.
· Prepare the annual music budget to be presented to the Stewardship Committee
· Attend seminars, workshops, classes, etc., as deemed necessary in order to perform the position effectively
antioch baptist church | Baptist
Full-time | fairfax station, Virginia
fairfax station, Virginia
Belle View Church (Baptist) | Baptist
Part-time | Alexandria, Virginia
Brambleton Presbyterian Church | Presbyterian
Part-time | Ashburn, Virginia
Cross View Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Part-time | Texarkana, Texas
Lakeview Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Hickory, North Carolina
Hickory, North Carolina