Job Title: Associate Pastor of Worship and Youth Ministry
Reports To: Lead Pastor
Position Status: Staff – Full Time Salaried
Salary Range: $47,000 to 50,000 a year based on experience
Purpose: The Associate Pastor is called to passionately oversee all aspects of Worship ministry including the leading of authentic, blended worship through music and other worship activities. The Associate Pastor has direct oversight over individuals, programs, equipment, and services to ensure that everything connected to the worship ministry of the church fulfills God’s requirements for genuine and acceptable worship, in spirit and in truth, as described in John 4:23.
The Associate Pastor will also display a passion for students and will have the direct oversight over the youth ministry of FSBC for the purpose of the evangelism and discipleship of Middle School and High School students. This includes activities, programs, camps, and mission trips while working with volunteer leaders to ensure that these programs run efficiently in order to fulfill the Great Commission while helping students to know Jesus and grow in their knowledge, love, and commitment to him.
The Associate Pastor will also function as a fellow pastor in the gospel ministry to assist in the shepherding of the flock of God.
· Evidences a testimony of one who has been saved by genuine faith in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus and has a growing relationship with Him.
· Grounded in and is growing in the knowledge of Scripture.
· An active and supportive member of Foothills Southern Baptist Church, in its vision and mission to reach the world for Jesus.
· Satisfies the biblical qualifications for a pastor according to 1 Timothy 3:1-7
· Called to the ministry in general; worship and youth ministry in particular.
· In full agreement with the Baptist Faith and Message 2000 and the doctrinal statement of FSBC.
· Ordained or willing to be ordained to the gospel ministry.
· Undergraduate degree preferred; seminary a plus.
· Has expertise in playing one or more musical instruments and who can read music.
· Has at least 2-3 years of ministry experience
· Possesses a love for the Word of God; demonstrates an ability to preach and teach
· Passionate about evangelism and discipleship
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
· Lead and coordinate all Worship Services, including Sunday Mornings and other special events.
· Lead and supervise all areas and people of the Worship Ministry.
· Recruit, schedule and contact members for the Worship Team including vocalists, instrumentalists, audio and visual teams, and Worship Welcome and Announcement ministries.
· Work with the lead Pastor in the oversight, care, and purchase of all worship technical equipment.
· Rehearse with Worship Team members including vocalists, instrumentalists, and special music.
· Coordinate all the technical aspects of the Worship Service with the members of the Audio/Visual teams.
· Be responsible for understanding Media Shout, Planning Center Services, Song Select and other technology needs for worship
· Able to create lyric, Scripture, announcement, and video slides to be used in Worship.
· Ensure that the church is in full compliance with all music copyright laws.
DV8 Youth Ministry
· Shepherd, disciple, and counsel middle school and high school students.
· Work creatively with volunteers to lead, plan, teach, and supervise all areas of the DV8 Youth Ministry.
· Create and implement regular DV8 Youth activities for fellowship, evangelism, and discipleship.
· Recruit, schedule and be in contact with volunteers for the DV8 Youth ministry.
· Provide necessary training and direction for DV8 Youth volunteers
· Work with volunteer leaders and team members in the oversight and care of DV8 worship and Bible study rooms.
General Responsibilities and Duties:
· Submit annual budget requests each year before the annual meeting.
· Complete projects as directed by the Lead Pastor
· Lends valuable support along with other staff in the planning of outreach events.
· Participate in Church Council; church business and staff meetings
· Be a valuable member of the pastoral team of FSBC in support of the lead pastor and a shepherd to the flock of God.
If interested please email resume to:
also send a duplicate copy to [email protected]
Foothills Southern Baptist Church
c/o Personnel Committee
13148 E. 40th Street
Yuma, AZ 85367
Foothills Southern Baptist Church is a growing New Testament evangelical church associated with the Southern Baptist Convention and the Arizona Southern Baptist Mission Network of churches. We exist to fulfill the mission of God in the world by making fully devoted followers of Jesus. We are committed to changing our world for Jesus through compassionate community involvement, expositional preaching and teaching of God's Word, intentional evangelism and mentoring discipleship.
First Baptist Church Chillicothe | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Chillicothe, Missouri
First Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Clermont, Florida
First Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Cocoa, Florida
Second Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Hamlet, North Carolina
Hamlet, North Carolina
First Baptist Kirksville | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Kirksville, Missouri