First Baptist Church Venice, Florida
Worship Arts Minister
Purpose of Position: To lead and grow a worship and production team to lead First Baptist Church Venice in worship for Services, and to lead the congregation to encounter the greatness of Jesus Christ through musical worship, while also acknowledging that true worship of Christ is a daily lifestyle that seeks to glorify and praise Him.
Responsible for: Strengthening FBC Venice by providing leadership, support, and oversight to worship ministries, audio/visual ministries, and communications/media ministries. Additionally incumbent will become fluid in all FBC Venice’s IT operation, while protecting the organization’s assets and ensuring compliance with Senior Pastor directives, Leadership Ministry Team’s (LMT) directives, for the body of FBC Venice to operate smoothly and grow strong knowing the truth, growing in community, and going to serve.
· Worship Arts Ministries
· Audio and Visual Teams
· Communications and Website
· Media Marketing
Reports to: Church Administrator
Peers with: Family Ministry, Youth Ministry, Operational Staff
Primary character/chemistry/competency required:
· Elder qualified as per I Tim 3 and Titus 1
· Vital growing relationship with Christ
· Shows love for all people of the church and community
· Biblical philosophy of ministry in sync with the “know grow go” model of the church. Able to function well with Senior Pastor and Staff.
· A growing and committed Christian who is an effective proponent for spiritual growth.
· Visionary - able to develop a multi-year plan with measurable gals.
· Musical skills- able to lead the congregation effectively in worship by voice and instrument.
· Communication: Communicates effectively with multiple audiences using a variety of formats. Examples include, written communications that clearly outlines the situation and action items; verbal presentations and briefings to the staff, the LMT and other parties; presenting at local meetings and to outside groups regarding a variety of issues affecting FBC Venice. Ability to use technology in worship as well as the use of sound, lights, computers, and video production.
· Ability to work with chord charts and sheet music.
· Proficiency with music software.
· Ability to arrange and compose music for the worship team, choir, orchestra.
· Proficiency with digital audio workstations.
· Strong grasp of music theory
· Ability to conduct musical ensemble’s
· Ability to incorporate other art forms into the worship service.
· Demonstrated administrative skills, including personal time management, volunteer care and management, budgeting, event planning, and attention to detail.
· Proven disciple/spiritual mentor of others.
· Lifelong learner.
· Member of FBC Venice’s connection class or small groups goals.
· Dependability: Seeks increased responsibility while remaining conscientious, thorough, accurate, and reliable, with respect to achieving the organization’s goals. This includes being available and responsive to issues and concerns as they arise.
· Lifelong learner
· Proven discipler/spiritual mentor of others
· Able to cast vision, recruit, equip volunteer workers and leaders (a leader of leaders)
· Ability to develop musical groups for children, students, adults.
· Provide afterschool music ministry outreach.
· Must sense a call by God to the position.
· Agreement with the “Baptist Faith and Message”.
· Have a desire and passion to fulfill its requirements.
Approximate Time Required by the Position
· 55 hours: Exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Oversees all aspects of Worship Ministry
· Sunday morning services
§ Song selection - working closely with Senior Pastor
§ Advance Scheduling
§ Responsible for the setup, design, and upkeep of the front and stage area.
· Other and special services
§ Work closely with the church staff in planning special events
· Develop a balance of paid verses volunteer team members
· Volunteer teams
§ Music, production, sound, media, choirs, instrumental ensembles, announcement.
§ Be the point of contact for worship ministry volunteers
· Weekly Tasks
§ Production preparation includes setup and service order.
§ Music preparation includes worship team rehearsal, choir rehearsals, board chart preparation, sheet music preparation, creating musical arrangements using notation software when needed, writing worship songs, studying, and preparing to conduct musical scores for choral rehearsals. This will be a key component
in growing the music and worship ministries at FBC Venice.
§ Oversee installations, repairs, and purchase of any technology and
equipment for the campuses
· Work with Family Minister to lead regular worship services and sessions with the Family Ministry.
§ Manage Youth stage and production booth for safety, security, and presentation.
§ Work with Pastor of Student Ministries and Young Adults to develop multiple Youth ensembles, including, but not limited to:Youth Worship Team, Youth Choir, (s) small instrumental chamber ensembles.
§ Be open to change and shifting of responsibilities and growth and ministry develops.
2. Oversee all Aspects of communications and Media Ministries
· Service Media Production Team
§ Work with sanctuary sound board operator and live stream sound board operator to ensure that services are produced on all forms of medium.
§ Provide leadership to camera operators to include enhancing the visual aspects of services.
§ Oversee editing of broadcast if necessary.
§ Ensure uploads to varies medium plays as planned.
§ Oversee and schedule media volunteers.
· Congregation Communication
§ Oversee appropriate and up to date graphics that will assist announcements for events to be used in both electronic and print bulletins, worship service announcements, and website
· Be point of contact to communicate to the congregation via email, web, print, and phone calls.
· Keeping electronic medium up to date
§ Ensure front page of website is current, including removing out dated messages.
§ Ensure all church information is correct
§ Follow ministry leaders to ensure all ministry pages are current.
§ Develop consistent phone messages for all phone extensions.
3. Be a contributing member of FBC Venice’s leadership team
· Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings, including presentations of budget/actual reports and define key program metrics.
· Communicate all necessary program information to staff, congregation, community, including calendaring all events and activities.
· Incorporate church ministry themes and programs into area of ministry.
· Be a highly visible advocate for areas of oversight to staff, congregation, and community.
· Be involved in discipling and fellowship with a specific group (e.g., small group leader, student ministry, young adults).
· Communicate facility management, maintenance requirements to Director of Property Management.
· Remain current on trends, teaching methods, materials, promotional ideas, administrative methods, and other techniques.
· Implement new ideas as appropriate.
· Assist with other church activities as needed.
· Present in worship services unless prearranged with senior pastor.
4. Pastor of the Day
· Along with other pastors, ensure there is a pastor present during work week, work hours.
Minimum two days a week.
Promise Land Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Jacksonville, Florida
First Baptist Church Pine Castle | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Orlando, Florida
River Rock Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Ponte Vedra, Florida
Ponte Vedra, Florida
Edgewood Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Part-time | Lakeland, Florida
Bridge Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Cape Coral, Florida
Cape Coral, Florida