Definition & Summary of Position:
The Kids Minister provides leadership, development, and direction for the Kids Ministry leaders and workers as it pertains to the vision, mission, and strategy of all environments of Thalia Lynn Baptist Church. The Kids Minister provides direct oversight to all Kids Ministries (birth – 6th grade).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of the Kids Minister Include but are not limited to:
· Provide vision, strategy, and development for all Kids Ministries (birth – 6th grade)
· Provide leadership, direction, training, and oversight for all Kids Ministry leaders, workers, volunteers
· Provide leadership and oversight for all Kids Ministries including Sunday School, Vacation Bible School, Wednesday and other weekday ministries, special events, camps, etc.
· Develop and implement a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families
· Work with staff to review, purchase, and oversee all curriculums for Kids Ministries.
· Recruit, train, pray for, and involve new Kids Ministry volunteers.
· Create and effectively manage Kids Ministry budget with direction from the Executive Pastor and/or Finance Committee.
· Develop and maintain safe, clean, aesthetic childhood learning environments.
· Communicate consistently with parents as well as provide tools they need for spiritual leadership.
· Encourage and equip parents to develop a biblical worldview in their Kids.
· Promote Scripture memorizing, prayer, and personal Bible reading
· Provide opportunities for ministry leadership, outreach to the community, and connection to the mission field.
· Function as the staff liaison and direct supervisor of the WLP Director. Provides management oversight over the Weekday Learning Program (WLP) as part of the Kids Ministry.
· Oversee Kids Ministry section of the church website.
· Participate in workshops, seminars, and conferences as needed.
· Work closely with the Youth Minister to assure smooth transition of students to youth ministry.
· Work cross-generationally to focus on developing and growing family spiritual health.
· Ensure safety and security systems for Kids.
· Other duties as assigned.
Necessary Knowledge and Skills:
Professional-level skills and experience with Kids ministries. Has strong interpersonal skills. Is visionary, entrepreneurial. Gets things done. Think outside of the box. Has the capacity to work at either a macro level, micro level, or anywhere in between. Ability to lead, recruit, develop, direct, and inspire volunteers, setting clear expectations and instilling accountability. Is knowledgeable in office software, communications systems, social media, office equipment, procedures and process management, and personnel oversight management.
Have 3-5 years’ training and experience in Kid’s Ministries or in a related Kids program.
Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by action, attitude, and behavior. Maintain personal spiritual development through Bible reading, prayer, and daily walk with God.
Become a member of Thalia Lynn Baptist Church and embrace fully the mission, vision, and values of the church.
Have a passion for Kids ministry and to see families grow in their faith together.
Have an educational background in Christian Ministries, Biblical Studies, or a related field (preferred)
Be reliable, take initiative, self-motivated. Give attention to details and strive for excellence.
Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
Have a cooperative, healthy, and motivating relationship with supervisors, co-workers, and volunteers.
Competency with basic computer software (Word, Excel) and the capacity to learn new software
We are a community of faith located in Virginia Beach’s Town Center. Though we are of different ages, backgrounds, and ethnicities, our common goal is to become obedient followers of Christ, or disciples. As individuals, we apply our discipleship by reading the Bible, praying, and observing other disciplines of faith. A crucial component of growing in Christ at any age is commitment to a Disciple Group.
We Believe that God’s word is true, that the Bible is the revelation of His truth in written form. The Holy Spirit did so inspire, guide, and move the writers of the Scriptures as to keep them from error.
We Believe that Christ was born of a virgin. Jesus was conceived in the womb of his mother Mary through the Holy Spirit without the agency of a human father.
We Believe that Christ’s atonement is substitutionary. He paid a debt that we are incapable of paying. We can be reconciled to God only through Christ’s sacrificial suffering and death.
We Believe that Christ’ resurrection was bodily. He rose on the third day in same body that he suffered.
We Believe that the miracles of Christ are authentic and historical. Miraculous work is not contrary to His nature, but superior to ours.
We believe in the Trinity. There is one God, who exists as one in three persons: Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit, who, although are three different persons, are still one.
We Believe that Christ’s return is imminent. Scripture emphasizes that Jesus can come at any moment. This fact helps to make us a people of hope, who are prepared and faithful.
Purcellville Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Purcellville, Virginia
Expectation Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Fairfax, Virginia
Terraforma Church | Non-Denominational
Part-time | Brambleton, Virginia
The Worship Center | Assemblies of God
Full-time | Leesburg, Virginia
Lexington Avenue Baptist Church | Baptist
Full-time | Danville, Kentucky