1. BSA in a Ministry related area, Master is preferred
2. 1-3 years ministry experience, preferably with youth and children
3. Licensed and ordained by a SBC church
4. Affirm the Baptist, Faith, and Message 2000
5. Male preferably married with children. But would consider a single male.
6. Consideration will be made for a Part time position depending on the candidate.
1. Promote overall well-being and vision of MPBC
2. Clear and consistent communication with Pastor, other staff, leaders, administrative committees, and ministry teams
3. Maintain confidentiality and effectively practice discretion in dealing with sensitive issues
4. Maintain a supportive role to the pastor with a team approach to ministry that supports all areas of ministry, programs, and the vision of MPBC
1. Maintain vital, dynamic relationship with the Lord through prayer, Bible study, and meditation
2. Maintain proper priorities in the home as a spiritual leader
3. Actively and consistently looking for and taking advantage of opportunities to share the gospel in and around the community
4. Support the work of MPBC through faithful, biblical giving
5. Seek through the power of the Holy Spirit to live a life worthy of the call of Jesus Christ
6. Demonstrate the characteristics of spiritual leadership found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
7. A fully supportive wife in this ministry role and its responsibilities based on her own unique set of gifts and abilities. She must be dynamically involved in the life of the church.
1. Ability to teach and communicate the Word of God in accurate, relevant, applicable ways, while modeling it as well. This includes an excellent grasp of Bible knowledge.
2. Self-motivated and able to take initiative
3. Creative, able to demonstrate forward thinking along with analytical and problem-solving skills with a specific emphasis on evaluating, assessing, and restructuring ministries and programs of the church, children’s ministry, and student ministry.
4. Interpersonal skills with the ability to foster intergenerational relationships.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
6. Technological skills including but not limited to computer, social media, website, etc…
7. Excellent leadership, management and organizational skills.
8. Ability to recruit, train, and equip parents and other volunteers.
1. Fulfill the responsibilities of the Pastor in his absence including preaching, pastoral care, weddings, funerals, and any other responsibilities deemed necessary by the pastor.
2. Work with the Nominating Committee to recruit and train volunteers for the various ministries of the church.
3. Organizing and administrating churchwide events and other outreach/ministry opportunities.
4. Provide general oversight and leadership to the Ministry teams.
5. Complete background checks for all youth and children’s volunteers.
1. Supervise, oversee, and provide leadership to all aspects of the Children’s ministry and programs.
2. Plan regular Children’s outings.
3. Plan and administrate VBS (director).
4. Plan and organize a Children’s camp for the children to attend.
5. Build healthy relationships with children and parents so that the transition into the youth ministry will be smooth.
1. Lead the teaching and the organization of worship for the Youth on Wednesday.
2. Teach and oversee Youth Sunday School.
3. Plan, organize, and promote camps, retreats, lock-ins, other outings, etc… for the spiritual development of the students.
4. Plan, coordinate, and lead missions trips both North American and International for students and MPBC on an annual basis.
5. A real and identifiable presence in the lives of the students both during regular programmed activities and outside of church activities (in homes, at school, sports or other social functions.
6. Contact potential prospects for the youth ministry including following up with guests in a timely manner.
7. Keep regular office hours for study and administration while making yourself available for students and their families outside of normal office hours.
8. Be prepared and participate in weekly staff meetings.
9. The intentional discipleship and leadership development of students, parents, and youth ministry volunteers.
10. Maintain open and consistent communication with students, parents, and adult youth leaders.
The mission of Mount Pleasant Baptist Church is to glorify God through worship; to reach Mount Pleasant and beyond with the life changing power of Jesus Christ through evangelism and missions; to grow spiritually through prayer and biblical education; to minister with compassion to all people; to identify and meet the needs of a changing community.
Growing Up … Reaching Out
John 15:13 - Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.
We seek to express the sacrificial love of Jesus Christ to one another.
Ephesians 4:32 - Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.
We welcome the opportunity to love and minister to people of various backgrounds and walks of life. We believe there is unity in diversity.
2 Timothy 2:15 - Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth.
We believe it is essential for the spiritual growth and health to rightly teach the Bible as the word of God.
Ephesians 5:19-20 - speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord; always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God, even the Father.
We believe in Holy Spirit guided praise and worship with relevant, biblical preaching.
Colossians 1:28 - We proclaim Him, admonishing every man and teaching every man with all wisdom, so that we may present every man complete in Christ.
We believe that every member should be growing in spiritual maturity through biblical teaching, preaching, and meaningful ministry within the body. Each member should discover his or her spiritual gifts, passions, abilities, calling, and ministry.
1 Thessalonians 2:7-8 - But we proved to be gentle among you, as a nursing mother tenderly cares for her own children. Having so fond an affection for you, we were well-pleased to impart to you not only the gospel of God but also our own lives, because you had become very dear to us.
We believe that building and maintaining deep, close relationships is a significant part of church life.
Providing For Needs
Acts 2:45 - and they began selling their property and possessions and were sharing them with all, as anyone might have need.
We believe we should recognize needs and meet them.
Matthew 28:18-20 - And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
We believe in the Great Commission to reach people with the life changing power of Jesus Christ throughout the state, nation, and world.
Colossians 3:17 - Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.
We believe in doing ministry right, in such a way that God is glorified.
1 Peter 3:15 - but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence;
We believe all Christians are to witness for Jesus Christ verbally and through their lifestyle. We share because we care.
Acts 16:32-34 - And they spoke the word of the Lord to him together with all who were in his house. And he took them that very hour of the night and washed their wounds, and immediately he was baptized, he and all his household. And he brought them into his house and set food before them, and rejoiced greatly, having believed in God with his whole household.
Ephesians 2:19 - So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God’s household,
We believe in ministry that reaches every member of the family from the very youngest to the very oldest. We the individuals and families of Mount Pleasant Baptist Church make up one big family that continues to grow.
First Baptist Church of Muscatine | Baptist
Part-time | Muscatine, Iowa
The First Baptist Church of Redlands | Baptist
Full-time | Redlands, California
Bethel Church | Baptist
Full-time | Prosser, Washington
Stony Point Baptist Church | Baptist
Full-time | Stony Point, North Carolina
Stony Point, North Carolina
First baptist church Lexington | Baptist
Full-time | Lexington, Missouri