The Pastor of Outreach is a servant-leader who will play a key role in The Chapel’s efforts to “grow committed followers of Jesus Christ.” This man will be passionate about reaching -- and equipping the church to reach -- those who have not yet placed their faith in Christ. He will be driven to lead The Chapel to fulfill the Great Commission and the Great Commandment both near and far -- through evangelism and missions. This is a full-time salaried position with benefits, and will report directly to the Executive Pastor and indirectly to the Lead Pastor.
· Integrate evangelism throughout the whole ministry structure of The Chapel, working with ministry leaders and staff, children through adults, to incorporate evangelism in their specific area.
· Provide training and equipping opportunities for our people to share the gospel, partnering with local ministries where applicable.
· Oversee church outreach events (i.e. Wild Game Dinner), and other initiatives that are focused on proclaiming the gospel message.
· Work closely with the Discipleship Pastor to facilitate integration between evangelism and discipleship in the process of growing committed followers of Christ.
· Lead the Missions Committee to advance the Missions Strategy: “6 Ways to Go” – Learn, Pray, Go, Send, Welcome, and Mobilize (see separate page).
· Coordinate and provide training for our people to serve on short-term mission trips nationally and internationally on a regular basis.
· Build relationships with key people and organizations in the community, and oversee local missions team to help The Chapel be more actively involved in Southwest Michigan – meeting practical needs through serving, and spiritual needs through sharing the gospel of Christ.
· Actively support long-term missionaries from The Chapel and elsewhere, keep our people engaged with and updated on their ministries.
· Continue our long-term partnership to reach an Unreached People Group in Asia.
· Encourage, support, and provide training/opportunities for our people to go into the mission field, both short and long term.
· Provide educational programs for all ages (Mission-Minded Sunday, Missions updates, etc.)
· Oversee and manage the missions budget.
· A strong relationship with the Lord, and a man who meets the qualifications of an elder
(1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1: 5-9)
· Bachelor’s degree is required. Post graduate degree in a related field is a plus.
· At least three years of experience with a church, parachurch ministry, or missions organization demonstrating effectiveness in evangelism and missions.
· Agreement and credentialing with the Evangelical Free Church of America (or will obtain)
· A heart for “the lost” – locally, nationally and globally.
· A team builder and player, yet also a self-starter who will take initiative.
· Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple duties at once.
Rooted in Christ and His Word, The Chapel is dedicated to growing committed followers of Christ who live to glorify God through building relationships with God and fellow believers; sharing the Gospel through evangelism and discipleship; and serving our community. We are committed to teaching God's truth, applying it in our daily lives, and providing many wonderful opportunities for children, students, and adults to learn, grow, and serve.
Stones Crossing Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Greenwood, Indiana
Grace Point Church - San Diego | Non-Denominational
Full-time | San Diego, California
San Diego, California
First Presbyterian Church Bakersfield | Presbyterian
Full-time | Bakersfield, California
TWR - Trans World Radio | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Cary, North Carolina
Cary, North Carolina