Associate Minister of Discipleship and Student Ministries
First Christian Church of Pittsfield (fccpittsfield.org) is seeking a capable and energetic Associate Minister of Discipleship and Student Ministries.
Located in the rural west-central Illinois town of Pittsfield, we are a non-denominational church with roots in the Stone-Campbell Restoration Movement, and part of Disciple Heritage Fellowship. We are a multi-generational church with a blended worship style. The average in-person church attendance (post-covid) is currently 200- 250. We have tremendous facilities including a full gymnasium. We use the “Orange” philosophy and currently have 30-50 active in our middle and high school ministries with a strong core of volunteers.
The Associate Minister at First Christian Church of Pittsfield, Illinois will provide leadership in areas of family discipleship and our youth and children’s ministries. The main goal for this role is the development of a Christ-like character in our families and youth to enhance our outreach into the community so that others will come to know Christ. The ideal applicant will be a team player who is able to direct our small group ministries as well as lead and empower our student ministry volunteer teams. The applicant must be in agreement with the beliefs and doctrine of First Christian Church of Pittsfield, Illinois.
1. Work with the lead pastor in facilitating the church vision.
2. Development, equip, and give direction to our volunteer staff in the student and youth ministry.
3. Be responsible for developing and implementing a yearly Youth Ministry budget
4. Support Children’s Ministries (K-6th grades)
5. Recruitment and Training of Volunteer Staff for the Small Group/ Discipleship Programs
Ø Oversee the recruiting of volunteer staff.
Ø Develop volunteer staff training materials and lead training sessions.
Ø Participate in the evaluation of volunteer staff for the purpose of encouragement and growth.
6. Assist Lead Pastor in providing pastoral care for youth and youth families.
Ø Communicate effectively with parents.
7. The Associate Minister shall preach or facilitate “Youth Sunday” services 1-3 times per year.
8. Attend weekly staff, prayer, and planning meetings as well as give monthly board report.
9. Perform other duties as may be deemed appropriate by the Lead Pastor and Elders.
Ø Recognized Calling to Vocational Ministry
Ø Strong organizational skills
Ø Teachable spirit
Ø Heart and passion for God’s people with emphasis on youth
Ø A 4-year degree from a Christian College and previous experience with counseling youth and interacting with their families is preferred, but other relevant experience and degree will be considered.
Supervised by: Lead Pastor. Accountable to Elders and Executive Committee
Compensation will be determined by the Executive Committee according to the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
Please tell us why you may be interested in this position and send a message link to: [email protected]
First Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Marion, Illinois
Hope Church | Presbyterian
Full-time | Richmond, Virginia
RiverTree Church | Wesleyan
Full-time | Mitchell, South Dakota
Mitchell, South Dakota
Three Village Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | East Setauket, New York
East Setauket, New York