Prairie Bible Church is a five year old, rapidly growing, non-denominational church, serving the Cedar Rapids/Iowa City Corridor. We are a church focused on Biblical teaching, life group ministries, and being a Simple, Authentic, representation of Jesus’ love.
Our worship attendance is approximately 300 people per Sunday. We have doubled in size in the last 18 months and are in the beginning phase of planning an addition to accommodate our growth. We are looking for a dynamic Youth Pastor who feels called to grow the youth ministry at Prairie Bible.
The Youth Pastor will be a full-time, salaried position responsible for developing and leading the middle school and high school ministries at Prairie Bible Church. The successful candidate should have a deep, personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a calling to youth ministry.
If you have a passion to be part of a gospel-centered, growing church that is committed to the teachings of Christ, this could be the perfect fit for you!
· Provide leadership to the Youth Ministry (middle school and high school), including strategic planning, teaching and discipleship, programming, special events, outreach, and recruitment to those in the community.
· Prepare and deliver Bible-based messages for regular student activities on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings
· Recruit, train, supervise, and encourage volunteers who will share in leading youth ministries
· Coordinate with Prairie Bible’s Worship Leader to incorporate contemporary worship music into the Wednesday evening meetings to create a dynamic youth ministry that is engaging for the youth in our community.
· Develop and lead Wednesday youth nights to incorporate a blend of biblical teaching and relational, small group breakouts
· Take an active interest in the lives of the youth by participating in school events, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, outreach events, and community service projects.
· Develop an online presence via social media platforms to maintain communication with students and parents
· Work with Lead Pastor and Associate Pastor to provide resources and training for spiritual growth of parents and families
· Work to build relationships with youth and their families within Prairie Bible Church
Qualifications and Skills:
· Mature, growing disciple of Jesus Christ, committed to the core values of Prairie Bible Church
· Self-motivated, ability to self-evaluate and positively respond to constructive feedback
· Highly relational with proven ability to relate with youth and adults
· Proven leadership qualities and experience working with youth
· A deep, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
· A four-year degree and seminary training with an emphasis on student ministry is preferred
Prairie Bible Church is a five-year-old, rapidly growing, non-denominational church, serving the Cedar Rapids/Iowa City Corridor. We are a church focused on Biblical teaching, life group ministries, and being a Simple, Authentic, representation of Jesus’ love.
Journey Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | Marshalltown, Iowa
Grace Church | Evangelical Free
Full-time | Mason City, Iowa
Mason City, Iowa
Christ Community Church | Evangelical Free
Full-time | Ames, Iowa
Grace Community Church | Non-Denominational
Part-time | Hudsonville, Michigan
North Platte Berean Church | Non-Denominational
Full-time | North Platte, Nebraska
North Platte, Nebraska