The Associate Pastor of Worship and Media serves First Baptist Church of Albany in a full-time ministry leadership position under the direct supervision of the Executive Pastor. The AP of Worship & Media works primarily with the church’s Worship Ministry team(s) to lead the church to fulfill the vision of cultivating hope by making disciples of Jesus in our community, city, and world. The AP of Worship & Media works with the senior pastor in planning, conducting, and evaluating a comprehensive worship ministry of the church and leading the media ministry of the church.
This pastor serves as a core member of the church’s ministry leadership team, which is responsible for planning, developing, and implementing a comprehensive ministry strategy for the church. Thus, this pastor has input into additional areas of the church’s ministries and may provide leadership in these areas, as necessary.
Email resume's to [email protected]
- Meet regularly with the church’s pastor to plan and evaluate weekly worship services and other opportunities for worship.
- Direct the coordination, operation, and evaluation of a comprehensive worship ministry based on the church’s needs.
- Lead in maintaining a church music ministry team; recruit and train all worship ministry leaders; guide the ministry team in determining worship ministry goals, organization, individual responsibilities, and administrative procedures.
- Be available to lead and serve for weddings and funerals to be held at the church as well as for church members; be available for counsel and arrange and provide music for special projects, ministries, and other church related activities in cooperation with appropriate ministry teams, colleagues, or other groups.
- Plan, schedule, and carry out rehearsals for various worship groups within the church.
- Supervise the work of all worship leaders, both paid and unpaid servants.
- Coordinate and maintain the worship schedules of any music groups and/or individuals in the worship ministries of the church.
- Provide pastoral care and leadership for the worship ministries of the church, including visitation and recruitment of new participants.
- Order and maintain necessary resources including musical materials, supplies, instruments, and other music equipment for use in the church’s worship ministries.
- Keep updated on contemporary music methods, materials, promotion, and administration, utilizing them as needed to carry out the church’s worship ministries.
- Cooperate with associational, state convention and Southern Baptist Convention leaders in promoting mutual interest activities of the denomination and the church.
- Oversee, manage, and evaluate the church media ministries, including the recruitment, scheduling, and training of servants for the church’s weekly media and broadcast ministries.
- Maintain a regular work schedule that includes office hours so that meetings and counseling sessions can be scheduled and/or occur, as necessary.
- Meet weekly with the church’s additional ministry leaders as well as the full church staff meeting to assist in planning, developing, and implementing a comprehensive ministry strategy for the entire church, including introducing new strategies, keeping the team updated on events and strategies, revising plans, and communicating needs.
- Assist the Executive Pastor to develop an annual budget for the church’s Worship and Media Ministries.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by supervision.
- Email Resume's to [email protected]