Full-Time Position with Benefits
The Family Pastor is responsible to the Senior Pastor for the development, implementation, and promotion of the ministries for Children through 12th-grade students and young adults, ages 18-25. This ministry will support both the vision and ministry strategy of Temple Baptist Church.
Primary Areas of Focus:
- On a weekly basis, he will work to lead and build the student ministry (6-12 grade) of Temple
- Plan, promote, and oversee the religious education programs for the nursery and students. The programs include Wednesday night programs and activities, Children’s Church, Events and Summer Camp(s)
- Provide training for teachers and volunteers in the church’s children, youth and young adults ministry
Secondary Areas of Focus:
- Organizational alignment
- Guest services oversight
- Develop systems to meet the demands of the vision and strategy of the church.
- Make the vision of preaching the gospel and making disciples practical and attainable to ministry leaders.
- Know and promote the vision of Temple to volunteers and members
- Cooperate with all staff to promote the entire ministry plan of the church.
- Serve as an effective liaison to church committees and ministry team efforts.
- Regularly meet one-on-one with teachers and volunteers to encourage, facilitate community, cast vision, and care for them personally.
- Assist teachers and volunteers with creating group culture, nurturing the growth of group members, evaluating group health, and assisting with group multiplication.
- Plan and execute events for the purpose of connecting attendees and members to small groups
- Oversee Guest Services Team, which involves welcoming guests and members to the church
- Assist guests, attendees and members with group assimilation into small groups
- Provide regular communication to teachers and volunteers regarding church-wide and group-related news and resources.
- Provide regular communication to the church body online and through Sunday morning formats.
- Propose and manage a budget related to your area of ministry
- Identify, recruit, train, place, and evaluate small group leaders in Children and Youth.
- Establish a culture of intentional multiplication within the small group ministry.
- Evaluate curriculum and content for use within small groups.
- Establish systems of care and oversight for small group leaders.
- Develop systems for pastoral care in the areas of visitation, pastoral care, and counseling, involving lay leadership at each level.
- Conduct weddings and funerals for church members when needed
- Provide pre-marital counseling for church members when needed
Various Pastoral Duties
- Preaching in absence of the Senior Pastor
- Participate in various parts of worship services
- Cooperate with staff in managing the ministry calendar to maximize the implementation of Temple’s vision.
- Fulfill all other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- A faithful follower of Jesus Christ.
- Pastor/Elder qualified according to 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9 3
- Expected to pursue Christ, to lead yourself, to lead your family, and to lead others, in that order.
- An ongoing commitment to personal growth and professional development.
- A consistent, vibrant devotional life. Devoted to prayer and to the Word.
- To be involved in personal evangelism & discipleship.
- A faithful member of Temple Baptist Church and in total agreement with its vision and statement of faith (BF&M 2000).
- Must faithfully demonstrate ongoing personal financial generosity in supporting Temple Baptist Church
- Must be in agreement with and willing to comply with all staff expectations, requirements, and values as outlined in the staff employee handbook.
- Possess a desire to create a culture of multiplication by raising up more disciple makers.
- Possess a humble, approachable, coachable, and teachable spirit.
- Must be a team player with a strong work ethic. Must be a self-starter and capable of working on projects independently for extended periods of time without anyone looking over your shoulder.
- Must be willing to be flexible due to the often-unpredictable nature of full-time ministry.
- Expected to meet and maintain consistent deadlines.
- Expected to work a consistent schedule and maintain regular office/working hours.
- high standard for excellence and efficiency.
- Mid-year and year-end evaluations are done by the Senior Pastor in conjunction with the Personnel Committee
Temple's Mission: To reach those who are broken and far from God and help them become fully devoted followers of Christ.
Associate Pastor | Children's Ministry | Student Ministry | Family Pastor
Contact Info (Email and/or Phone)
Our mission is to reach those who are broken and far from God and help them become fully devoted followers of Christ.
Jesus cared about those who were broken: the poor, the crippled, the blind. In His day, they represented the marginalized of society that the religious community neglected. But Jesus cared about them. As a church, we want to follow His example of loving and reaching out to all those who are experiencing brokenness. Physical and spiritual.
Jesus reached out to those who were far from God. In one sense, we are all galaxies away from God. Each of us is the prodigal son, the lost coin, the sheep that left the fold and wandered off. Jesus used these parables and others to illustrate our need for salvation and His love for us.
Those whom Jesus saved, He also shaped into fully devoted followers. As a church, we want to see people become fully devoted followers of Christ. Another way to say this is that we want to see Christians grow to maturity. Christian maturity isn't about how many years you've been a believer or what position you hold in the church. Christian maturity happens when you are walking (day to day, moment by moment) closely with Jesus and becoming more and more like Him.
All this points to our vision: to live as disciples making disciples.
In Matthew 28:19-20, Jesus gives His disciples the Great Commission: "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." As we're growing in Christ, we want to pour into others and help them grow in their walk with the Lord as well. We want to make disciples as we ourselves are being discipled.