Worship and Production Coordinator Opportunity Profile & Position Description:
At Trinity Church, we are passionate about seeing a diverse group of people find a common story in Christ. Since Trinity started in 2007, we have committed ourselves to exalting Jesus Christ and honoring God’s Word in all that we say and do. Our four-part strategy is to invite people to Come to Christ, then to Grow in Christ, Serve Him, and Reach others with the great news about Christ. As God has brought more people, we have continued to be one church which now meets in seven locations, three Virginia Beach locations, one in Downtown Norfolk, one in Reston, VA, one in Stuttgart, Germany and a mission campus in the Middle East.
The Worship and Production Coordinator (WPC) is someone who is musically gifted and enjoys leading worship on Sunday mornings in a contemporary church setting. This position requires an individual with a mature, vibrant, and deep love for Jesus Christ. The individual also needs to be passionate about and gifted in worshiping, leading a team, and serving God. The Worship and Production Coordinator is responsible for both leading worship and overseeing all audio/visual aspects at their home campus on Sundays as well as leading worship at certain campus ministry events, and participating in certain church wide events (including Easter, Christmas, Beach Services).
- Directly responsible to the Campus Pastor and the Production Manager
This role will average 40 hours a week, including Sundays. The dates and times of in-office attendance will vary from week to week depending on the needs of the Campus.
Position Description: Worship and Production Coordinator
- Lead weekly worship services at their home campus. Prepare music, song charts and arrangements for their campus (including programming all tracks weekly)
- Lead weekly production environments at their home campus. This will include preparation of all equipment and at times, being “hands-on” with audio, lighting, and video in Sunday services.
- Lead setup and teardown of all AVL components of the campus worship.
- Integrate churchwide Worship and Production Ministry creative/strategic plans, guidelines and protocols into worship and media programs.
- Update Planning Center and production notes for weekend services and special events.
- Assist with other special music/worship events as needed.
- Communicate all audio/visual issues to the Production Manager.
- Build and disciple a team of volunteers to cover all worship and production positions (band, vocalists, setup/teardown, sound, lights, Pro-Presenter, video switcher, producer) on Sunday mornings, week night rehearsals, and special events.
- Lead volunteers in weekly rehearsal sessions.
- Regularly communicate with campus Worship, Production and Setup/Teardown Team members.
- Schedule campus Worship, Production and Setup/Teardown team members through Planning Center.
- Identify, select, and train campus Worship, Production and Setup/Teardown team members using standard protocols.
- Lead gatherings for prospective, new, and current Worship, Production and Setup/Teardown Team members.
- Provide pastoral care and support to campus Worship, Production and Setup/Teardown Team members.
- Train and become adept at the use of Trinity wide software applications for scheduling, project management and administration. (Included but not limited to: ProPresenter, Google Suite or similar cloud-based office software and Planning Center.)
- Attend campus staff meetings and meet regularly with the Campus Pastor.
- Serve on and attend periodic meetings of the Campus Leadership Team in which staff and key lay leaders advise and assist the Campus Pastor on campus-specific ministry issues.
- Attend weekly Trinity-wide worship service planning meetings and monthly all-staff meetings.
- Develop annual campus Worship and Production Ministry goals and objectives in collaboration with the Campus Pastor and the Team Leader.
- Develop annual proposed campus Worship Ministry budget in consultation with the Campus Pastor and Worship Ministry Team Leader as well as the campus Production Ministry budget in consultation with the Production Manager.
- Purchase instruments and equipment in accordance with Worship and Production Ministry SOP’s.
- Schedule and attend Bi-weekly meetings with the Production Manager to keep an open line of communication of things happening at your campus.
Churchwide Worship Ministry Responsibilities:
- Attend weekly staff service planning and operations team meetings.
- Collaborate with other campus worship coordinators to promote unity amongst the campuses in song selection, training, production tools and audition practices.
- The Worship Ministry Team will:
- Establish common worship protocols including standard of dress.
- Update the worship song list used across all campuses.
- Plan regular campus worship team tryouts and establish a
- process for evaluating, selecting and training campus worship teams.
- Plan churchwide or regional worship events as directed by the Elders.
- Discuss issues common to the worship ministry at all campuses.
Minimum Requirements/Critical Skills:
- Mature Christian walk
- Audio/visual experience in live production environments
- Spiritual gift of leadership and/or administration.
- Outstanding vocalist or musician.
- Proven ability to lead worship and to organize and lead a worship team with at least one year of church staff experience or two years as a volunteer leader.
- Physical ability to stand for several hours and to lead with load in and load out. Must be physically able to bend and stoop, climb stairs or access floor office space via chair lift, and carry and lift objects (up to 50 lbs.).
- Be an active participant and member of Trinity Church, being part of a community group and attending other Trinity Events
- Support the leadership and decisions of the Elder Board, including decisions made for specific campus
- Cooperate with annual/regular reviews
- Campus Pastor
- Campus Team
- Production Manager
- All Worship Team Staff and Members
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree; equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a four-year degree.
- Technical and mechanical ability (including mixing live audio)
- High level organization and management skills
- Ability to plan ahead to identify solutions to potential problems that might arise
- Ability to troubleshoot complex audio-visual systems
Support (what Trinity Church provides):
- Compensation and stated benefits (Full Time)
- Continuing Education as applicable
- Resources (computer, supplies, books, journals, office space, etc)