Principle Functions and Goals: The Youth/Children’s Leader will serve students from
first through twelfth grade. The position is responsible to the Pastor and the Youth and
Children’s Committees for assisting the Church in planning and coordinating the youth
and children’s programs, special projects, assignments and events. The programs
developed will be guided by primary goals of winning these individuals to Christ (Evangelism), seeking to mature them in their relationship to Christ (Discipleship), and seeking to bring in additional youth and children into the Church (Fellowship).
Personal Qualifications: The person in this position must be a born-again Christian of
like faith and order, motivated and energetic in service to the Lord and aware of the
power and presence of the Holy Spirit’s work in their lives. The individual shall meet the
educational and experience levels which the Church feels are necessary. Individuals
should possess the personality, temperament and interpersonal skills to relate and
serve effectively within a multi-generational setting as well as a strong work ethic and
Duties and responsibilities: Work with the ministerial staff, appropriate committees
and program leaders in planning, evaluating and coordinating all youth and children’s
ministries of the Church.
· Establish a schedule for regular Youth/Children’s Committee meetings.
· Develop a mentor role model relationship with the Church youth and children.
· Advise in the use of and obtain, as budgeted program materials, equipment and
supplies to meet the needs of these programs.
· Prepare lessons and teach the Youth Sunday School Class, Discipleship Training class
and Wednesday night Bible Study Class.
· Work with the proper committees to provide special youth and children’s activities such
as fellowships, retreats, camps, mission activities and other organized activities.
· Meet as needed with the Pastor.
· Obtain prior approval from the Pastor for all teaching materials and literature.
· Organize and execute fundraising to offset financial needs of the youth and children’s
· Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the Pastor or Youth/Children’s
Hours & Salary/Benefits:
This position will be classified as full-time, salaried employee. Salary/Benefits offered
will be consistent with the compensation package submitted and approved by the
Stewardship Committee and the Church. The position requires a minimum of 40 hours
First Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Part-time | Clarendon, Arkansas
Lance Montalbano | Baptist: SBC
Part-time | Jacksonville, Arkansas
Fuel Community Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | Lakeland, Florida
Ebenezer Baptist Church | Baptist: SBC
Part-time | Cordele, Georgia
Graceland Church | Baptist: SBC
Full-time | New Albany, Indiana
New Albany, Indiana