Job Description: Youth / Worship Pastor
Classification: Full time
The youth / worship pastor is responsible for the ministries, programs and activities related to worship and youth ministry. Youth ministry includes both Junior and Senior High groups. Worship includes all aspects of worship including singers, musicians, technical volunteers and livestream. This role will also be responsible to work with the Lead Pastor for all service and special service including holiday services, funerals and weddings.
COMPETENCIES & EXPECTATIONS:
- He / she is a disciple committed to humbly living under the authority of Christ.
- Demonstrates an ability to lead others, work in a team environment, and has a willingness to collaborate.
- Must embrace the vision, mission and values of Oak Grove Church.
- Must have the capacity to strategically plan for future ministry goals and manage the process.
- Demonstrates a level of humility in making godly decisions for the sake of God’s kingdom work.
- Clarity of thought to implement ministry by equipping and empower others to utilize gifts and ability.Must have a heart for shepherding others and a commitment to be discipling those under his / her care.
- Committed to having spiritual / disciple-making conversations with to help encourage ongoing spiritual movement in everyone’s life.
ESSENTIAL TASK LIST:
- Eagerly collaborates with the Lead Pastor to know God’s leading and direction of ministry in keeping with the Vision of Oak Grove Church.
- Attend staff meetings weekly to continue to develop, trouble-shoot issues and enhance ministry effectiveness.
- Recruits and trains volunteers to use their gifts in these respective ministries.
- Regularly builds into volunteer leaders and engages them in disciple-making.
- Works to build a culture of disciple-making, grounded on a gospel-centered pattern of our picture of a disciple.
- Regularly plans and supervises practices, rehearsals, and preparation for all worship related events and activities.
- Must maintain all subscriptions and resources related to worship and youth ministries.
- Develop budgets and resources for each respective ministry for each year.
- Must actively be involved (but not leading) our primary disciple-making structures.
- Must be supportive to all staff and ministry leaders.
- Must have strong relationship skills and values.
- Must willingly embrace and support our gospel-centered ministry values.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum: A degree related to worship and / or youth ministry. Prefer Master of Divinity.
- Prefer 3 years of experience with worship.
- Understanding and willingness to handle technical components of ministry and livestream.
- Knowledge of Planning Center, Pro-presenter, Ableton, CCLI platforms.