LEAD Church MUSICIAN – Part-time
PASSAGE is a non-denominational church that is "Word-based, Vision-driven and Kingdom-focused." Located at 2020 NE 15th Street in Gainesville, Florida, we welcome skilled believers desiring to serve the Lord in their workplace to apply for Lead Musician.
The Lead Musician is the primary musician for PASSAGE Family Church and is responsible for playing the organ, and having skill in one or more key instruments, and coordinating the work of the musician’s team/band. The Lead Musician ensures comprehensive preparation and suitable execution of all music assigned to and ministered by musicians at PASSAGE. Accountable to the Associate Pastor of Music, Worship & the Arts, all duties are to be performed in support of and in accordance with the PASSAGE vision and with a spirit of excellence. This is a part-time, contracted position. Success in this role requires a mature believer with strong Christian character and the ability to lead and engage a team of volunteers. Availability for Sunday and Wednesday services and rehearsals is required.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
• Execute and implement the music program and directions of the AP of MWA.
• Seek to understand and accommodate the heart of the Senior Pastor regarding the music ministry.
• Play the keyboard/organ and/or other musical instrument(s) as directed by the AP of MWA for all regular church services and special events or functions sponsored by or officially attended by the PASSAGE music ministry.
• Learn music as assigned by the AP of MWA or his/her designee and be prepared to skillfully and accurately play at rehearsals, services and engagements.
• Train and develop PASSAGE musicians.
• Prepare for, plan, schedule, and conduct regular musicians’ rehearsals. Distribute materials in advance.
• Coordinate with AP for MWA and appropriate group leaders to ensure adequate musical staffing for all singing ministries, services, and events.
• Ensure musicians are equipped and ready for all services and ministry events prior to ministry time, including setting up and testing the operation of equipment and instruments.
PASSAGE is a literal reference to the Word of God. In a spiritual context, the term PASSAGE means “gateway to life”, which is by definition the “Word … See More
Fairway Bible Church | Non-Denominational
Part-time | Naples, Florida
St. James Episcopal Church | Episcopal
Full-time | Leesburg, Florida
St. Lukes UMC | United Methodist
Full-time | Orlando, Florida
SeaCoast Church | Non-Denominational
Part-time | Redondo Beach, California
Redondo Beach, California
The Church in Peaster | Non-Denominational
Part-time | Peaster, Texas